• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

bitcoin, Monero, Ripple

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bitcoin, Monero, Ripple

Do any of you tango? And when I say tango I mean hold crypto currency?

Recently traded a number of bitcoins for others. I'm of the increasing opinion the future lies in crypto currency just don't know how.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Buy plastic. It's worth more than the real thing....

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      crypto currency?
      Corrupto currency more like.

There is only one reason for the likes of bitcoin, and that is to facilitate criminality.

I know the authorities have tended to ignore, even fete, bitcoin but it's always a risk when you get involved in financial crime. Bitcoin dropped sharply last week because the Chinese authorities started to make noises about clamping down on it for money laundering reasons.
      "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

So everyone that holds crypto currency is a criminal? Anyhoe, how is that different from criminals holding FIAT currency?

My interests are very much down to the speed with which you can make transactions. I can now convert EUR to GBP in minutes or vice versa. CHAPS is history.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Anyhoe, how is that different from criminals holding FIAT currency?

My interests are very much down to the speed with which you can make transactions.
          Non crypto currency can only be moved from one place to another by physically carrying it in a bag (eg through airport baggage scans) or via payment systems. The payment systems slow things down a bit and charge you money but that is the price to pay to stop money going to sanctioned destinations (like ISIS), or to be laundered or to facilitate hiding funds to avoid tax. Having worked in this area I can confirm the level of financial crime that goes on is gargantuan. There'd be no NHS shortfalls if the authorities really closed down on this. Everyone who holds bitcoin is either a financial criminal or a speculator. If you are either of these then it might make sense for you. If not, you might get burned.
          "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

So FIAT currency is to prevent terrorism taking over the planet? Is stops the likes of HSBC supporting corrupt entities It's not like Google, Apple, Amazon, Starbucks etc avoid paying taxes using FIAT currency.

The decentralisation of currency is a great thing if you ask me. And perhaps necessary.

Comment

So FIAT currency is to prevent terrorism taking over the planet? Is stops the likes of HSBC supporting corrupt entities It's not like Google, Apple, Amazon, Starbucks etc avoid paying taxes using FIAT currency.

The decentralisation of currency is a great thing if you ask me. And perhaps necessary.
              I agree, plus in reality there's no difference, except the current holders of power in the current financial systems lose their leverage with a distributed ledger, ala BitCoin.

Some of the generalised blockchain tech coming out of crypto currencies looks really useful, e.g. Ethereum / smart contracs.

The cost of transactions is also miniscule with bitcoin and co. in fact it's essential free except the designers implemented rudimentary costs as part of the system. The cost in transaction savings using crypto currencies vs. central bank currencies is huge (globally a decent sized countries GDP per year).

Comment

Bitcoin - ideal for criminals, highly volatile piece of tulipe - it can be stolen essily and you won't have any means of getting it back.

Idiots look at growth in pretty much fske exchange rate on unlicensed dodgy "exchanges" and hope to get rich quick.

Repent you dirty spekukants!!!

Comment

I'm of the increasing opinion the future lies in crypto currency just don't know how.
                  *drinks kool-aid*

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Bitcoin - ideal for criminals, highly volatile piece of tulipe - it can be stolen essily and you won't have any means of getting it back.

Idiots look at growth in pretty much fske exchange rate on unlicensed dodgy "exchanges" and hope to get rich quick.

Repent you dirty spekukants!!!
                    You could replace the occurrences of "bitcoin" with the boom and bust cycles of UK/US stock market and no accuracy would be lost with your assertion.

Comment

Working...
                    X