• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

bitcoin, Monero, Ripple

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimjamuk View Post
    I mined myself 3.5 Bitcoins back in the GPU mining days - down to 1 now as I sold them for holidays etc - will probably sell the last one soon whilst the price is high
    I'll buy it off you if you like... €600
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

High-Speed Traders Are Taking Over Bitcoin - Bloomberg News

The cryptocurrency’s market structure ticks all the right boxes: arbitrage opportunities across multiple exchanges, zero transaction costs on Chinese venues that host most of the world’s turnover, round-the-clock trading, and co-location services allowing participants to place their servers right next to those of the exchange. With volumes tracked by Bitcoinity.org surging to a record this month, there’s been no shortage of chances for high-speed traders to turn a profit.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Don't forget to pay CGT on those sales....
        When I pass the CGT threshold - I will be first in the queue to hand over my cash money so they can burn it with the rest I give them

Comment

Actually HST with bitcoin is actually something of an oxymoron. One of the flaws of the bitcoin blockchain is a limited transfer rate. That's where Monero steps in.

But I agree traders are having much fun. The gains and risks are extremely fluid.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
          X