• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

bitcoin, Monero, Ripple

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All transactions will be public, period.

Deanon is trivial - money come in and out of this criminal system in a handful of exchanges, thats where wallet IDs can be mapped to real names/addresses, one hack and Daily Mail will have plenty to write about

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      No, blockchain only got future for criminal "currency" like bitcoin - because ot's the only way it could work.
      Not quite, blockchain along with hyperledger can be used for other applications. Something that I've been working with recently among other projects, some of this is similar to what I have been working on: IBM Blockchain - United States
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

There is only one good thing with bitcoins - no chargeback (yet) for merchants, but thats deadly for buyers - one click on infected site and your "wallet" stolen with no recourse to justice, lovely

Comment

I'm sensing a woeful lack of education here. Here are some examples of blockchains in use. Just marvellous.

What Are Smart Contracts? A Beginner’s Guide to Smart Contracts
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Not quite, blockchain along with hyperledger can be used for other applications. Something that I've been working with recently among other projects, some of this is similar to what I have been working on: IBM Blockchain - United States
            It's a hype train that many boarded, tomorrow it will be something different.

Blockchain based "coins" got no chance of replacing "money" other that in niche criminal matters, and that would be the undoing of the whole thing - thry shut down Napster, what do you think, they'll let bitcoin to continue forever?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              I'm sensing a woeful lack of education here. Here are some examples of blockchains in use. Just marvellous.

In bitcoin you have to pay to register transaction (and I belive the price is raising), or you can wait forever for confirmation of transaction

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

22 year old "Vitalik" quoted in article about lawyers will be replaced

Comment

Blockchain based "coins" got no chance of replacing "money" other that in niche criminal matters, and that would be the undoing of the whole thing - thry shut down Napster, what do you think, they'll let bitcoin to continue forever?
                  That's the great thing about P2P and decentralisation. The world is smaller, globalisation is here like it or not. Large companies can ignore local tax law whether you like it or not. Which Brexit considering is rather strange as a the UK enters a period of protectionism.

It's making more and more sense to employ blockchain when we see cash being abused left right and centre.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

fecks sake this place is full of cretins

Comment

Huge Ponzi Scheme

The other dodgy thing about Bitcoin is there is a cost of transacting. This is because non-trivial computing power is required to run the blockchain. As a result you find bitcoin outfits next to power stations so they can nick the leccy to run their banks of computers a bit like marijuana growers short circuiting your buy-to-let meter. However instead of charging for the transaction costs the bitcoin outfits are allowed to print money (if they are the fastest in any round of updating/currency issuing). If your bank said ' no charges' and kept printing money, you'd find this odd.

If if you don't mind this, there is however some inevitable limit to the amount of bitcoins that can be printed so one wonders what happens when that fateful day arrives - who's going to run the whole system when they can no longer print money?
                      "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X