• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Great TV Licence Scam

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    So you couldn't "think" of water, gas, electric, or don't you pay for those at all because you still live at home with your parents?

Sorry, I was out walking my dog.
    Water I pay for annually.
    Gas I pay for before using it, what little we use
    Electricity? Well, that's on a meter - they measure how much I use and bill me accordingly. It's not a fixed amount, it varies with usage.
    ...unlike the TV licence.

Now, back to you for another razor sharp response...

:
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
      See, I just couldn't bring myself to do this - allowing an individual from a private organisation into my house to prove I'm not breaking the law, on the basis that I haven't purchased something that they simply assume I should have.
      I'd knocked them back before, but the bloke happened to catch me in a good mood that evening, so I figured I'd see if they'd leave me alone after that - which they did.

On previous occasions when I was feeling a bit more bolshie, it was quite amusing to see how offended they could become when I refused to give in to their bluster about getting warrants and so on (which of course they never did)

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Gas I pay for before using it, what little we use
        Fook me.......you are a corporation's wet dream. Could you possibly BE more submissive? Hang in there Wat Tyler!!
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Fook me.......you are a corporation's wet dream. Could you possibly BE more submissive? Hang in there Wat Tyler!!
          My barbecue is the only thing that uses gas.
          I by it by the bottle when I need it.

How submissive is that, Mr Numbskull?

As yet you haven't made an intelligent response to me, plus ca change.
          Maybe you need to get your wife to do so, if your brain is registered in her name...

Comment

My barbecue is the only thing that uses gas.
            I by it by the bottle when I need it.
            You could probably save yourself a few bob by recycling some of the hot air that you seem to be able to vent with such abandon instead.
            And I doubt you have the toolkit to be able to establish what constitutes "intelligent", so it would be pointless to tax your miniscule neuron with anything too complex by way of rationale.
            I drip-feed you just enough to allow you to continue to show yourself up as the one-dimensional mirthless simpleton that you clearly are.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

You could probably save yourself a few bob by recycling some of the hot air that you seem to be able to vent with such abandon instead.
              And I doubt you have the toolkit to be able to establish what constitutes "intelligent", so it would be pointless to tax your miniscule neuron with anything too complex by way of rationale.
              I drip-feed you just enough to allow you to continue to show yourself up as the one-dimensional mirthless simpleton that you clearly are.

I stand by my earlier comments. You have no intelligent comeback. Your sphincter isn't strong enough to drip feed anything, we just have to put up with the flow of tulip you post.

Comment

I stand by my earlier comments.
                Of course you do. That is because you are too one-dimensional and banal to do anything else.
                You are one of the main reasons that the quality and enjoyment of this forum has gone so far downhill over the last couple of years. The saddest aspect is that you are probably too anal to even have worked out why.

Comment

If you have been the recipient of one of their arrogant and threatening letters which automatically assume your guilt it's entirety understandable to make a hobby of winding them up. They have been guilty of misleading bluster and threats going back to the TV Detector Vans and they can tell what you are watching on the internet.

Good on the OP.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed View Post
                    If you have been the recipient of one of their arrogant and threatening letters which automatically assume your guilt it's entirety understandable to make a hobby of winding them up. They have been guilty of misleading bluster and threats going back to the TV Detector Vans and they can tell what you are watching on the internet.

Good on the OP.
                    Yeah. 'cos you gotta stick it to the Man.

Or, you could grow up and recognise that in the scheme of things the behaviour of the TV tax collectors is not really worth getting into a steam about, and get on with something more lucrative instead,
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I haven't paid any TV tax for almost a decade. One of the benefits of living in a secured development - the scum bags can't get close without me letting them in via intercom.

Comment

Working...
                      X