• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just curious

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W10 on laptop and desktop at home now. Ex-client co's PC is Windows 7. I use a few Linux Mint VMs, a Windows 7 VM, and an old XP VM to build some ancient software.

2017 will be the year of Linux. You'll see.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I'm a Windows man. I was a big W7 fan and updated my main PC to W8 with some concern, though actually I didn't mind it much especially once 8.1 came out. W10 is pretty great in my opinion.

I also have a Mac (Mini) but Mac just doesn't feel natural to me even after a fair bit of use.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Microsoft? Linux? It's all the same really....

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post

Typical Linux the pinko OS.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Mentioned it in this thread but Miss WooHoo hates her new mac. Anyone have any short but good tutorials she could use to get to know her mac better?

Comment

Windows 10 actually comes with something called WSL - Windows Subsystem for Linux:

WSL requires fewer resources (CPU, memory, and storage) than a full virtualized machine. WSL also allows you to run Linux command-line tools and apps alongside your Windows command-line, desktop and store apps, and to access your Windows files from within Linux. This enables you to use Windows apps and Linux command-line tools on the same set of files if you wish.
              And what I've been using for quite a while is basically BASH on Ubuntu on Windows: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/commandline/wsl/about
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
                FFS, GL, where do you find these pics?

Edit: Win10 and 7 on the old lappy. None on the fanbois stuff in this house.

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  Mentioned it in this thread but Miss WooHoo hates her new mac. Anyone have any short but good tutorials she could use to get to know her mac better?
                  There are various tutorials on Apple's site: https://support.apple.com/explore/new-to-mac and also a bunch of useful stuff at MacWorld: Mac tips and tutorials: everything you need to know to set up your new Mac - How to - Macworld UK

Comment

MS-DOS 3.3

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                      It took me some getting used to. Having to flip between Windows (for work) and Mac (for home) doesn't help.

Youtube has lots of good videos "how to XXXX mac" or in fact just Google for lots of great info. Hope she figures it out soon!

Comment

Working...
                      X