• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just curious

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    MS-DOS 3.3
    3.3 was a good year.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      It took me some getting used to. Having to flip between Windows (for work) and Mac (for home) doesn't help.
      The thing that annoys me most is their bloody keyboard.

And I'm never allowed to remap it because the Mac isn't my own and even home Mac users like to be "special".
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        It took me some getting used to. Having to flip between Windows (for work) and Mac (for home) doesn't help.

Youtube has lots of good videos "how to XXXX mac" or in fact just Google for lots of great info. Hope she figures it out soon!
        Yep pointed her in the direction of YouTube but looking for something along the lines that hansleman did for windows. But she set up few things last night and is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          Yep pointed her in the direction of YouTube but looking for something along the lines that hansleman did for windows. But she set up few things last night and is ok.
          I have recently acquired a MAC to go along side my windows laptop at work.

What I need to investigate are the swipe gestures etc as I think that will make using the mac easier as sometimes I do something - think that will be useful but have no idea what I did.

Other times I do something and think that is pointless - but still have no idea what I did...

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            I have recently acquired a MAC to go along side my windows laptop at work.

What I need to investigate are the swipe gestures etc as I think that will make using the mac easier as sometimes I do something - think that will be useful but have no idea what I did.

Other times I do something and think that is pointless - but still have no idea what I did...
            There's very useful guidance for those built into the trackpad or mouse Preferences.

My wife (a resolutely non-technical person) has just moved to macOS from Win7 and apart from some hilarity over Ctrl versus Command she's doing fine.

I made sure all her most used apps (iTunes, Thunderbird, Chrome, etc) were all setup the same way. No problems so far.

imore.com has some good tutorials too.

Comment

Working...
            X