• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When do you think the contract market will pick up again? Jan? Feb? (2017)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm, 16 years and I'm missing March and December.

Comment

3 calls today so January is up so far
      This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
        3 calls today so January is up so far
        Only three?
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Only three?
          well one was an interview offer for next week
          This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

it has picked up a lot, I've been inundated by calls actually!! All clients looking to hire in Jan.
            So, good news all around!

Comment

Originally posted by ECommerceConsultant View Post
              it has picked up a lot, I've been inundated by calls actually!! All clients looking to hire in Jan.
              So, good news all around!
              Or it could be the market is quiet so the agents are ramping up their information gathering to fill their time. Lots of false leads, fake jobs, farming calls etc? Just cause an agent calls you it doesn't mean there is a gig.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                There is a lot of pressure on rates at the moment, and lots of contractors out there who will take any offer. The good roles will come up, but if the coffers start to get depleted it could be worth taking a lower rate to get back into the market, then continue looking for a better rate/role.

I've hired 7 contractors over the past month or so, and the purse string holders at clientco have been very tight on day rates I can play with. So much so that 2 contractors have already moved on to better roles. It risks my projects, I raise these risks, but clientco are prepared to run that risk. It's that kind of market i'm afraid.
                and what is the cause of this rate pressure? serious answers only pls

Comment

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
                  and what is the cause of this rate pressure? serious answers only pls
                  Lots of people got binned when the W&G RBS spin off project was canned

Comment

Working...
                  X