• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When do you think the contract market will pick up again? Jan? Feb? (2017)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Most of the posters on here are wannabes or trolls. If you want decent advise son, stick with me.
    RUN!!

Fast!
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The market picks up when a real agent calls with a real role otherwise the market is dead
      This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Anyone with half a brain will work out what we're all saying, there is no good or bad time of the year to find a contract role...(except for jan. feb, july, aug and december obviously ).

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
          Anyone with half a brain will work out what we're all saying, there is no good or bad time of the year to find a contract role...(except for jan. feb, july, aug and december obviously ).
          And March April May June July Sept Oct and Nov as well obviously.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Nope.

I've looked in November and December before and have secured contracts. In fact they all seem to be very close to me distance wise compared to other times of the year though time wise they weren't great due to traffic, train and tube problems.

It is just very random. Political events can have an effect on it e.g. the issue with the public sector, the economy, but if you are prepared to work anywhere in the UK then you should be able to find a contract.
            OK thanks SueEllen. That's good to know

Comment

Originally posted by ECommerceConsultant View Post
              so basically it is always a bad time to find a new contract...

Comment

OK, haha, I'm glad you've all amused yourselves at my expense
                Very funny

Comment

Your will have a contract in 2017
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Most of the posters on here are wannabes or trolls. If you want decent advise son, stick with me.
                    :sp... nah, can't be bothered - it's Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by ECommerceConsultant View Post
                      THREAD SUMMARY:
                      so basically it is always a bad time to find a new contract...that seems to be the overall view of everyone on this thread.
                      So I guess none of you are working, or you've been in the same contracts for 10 years or more when Tony Blair was in charge?
                      I've landed contracts at all times of year. There's always some unlucky company with a requirement somewhere

Comment

Working...
                      X