• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Opportunities between Bristol and Edinburgh for a web dev guy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you all for the answers !

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      get your boiler serviced on a regular basis.
      +1

Comment

I'm in a similar position, returning to the UK after living in Germany for a few years. I also would like to avoid the London extreme commutes too. For your skillset, I would think that Bristol would have a lot to offer. Also Birmingham is an up and coming area for tech and other companies, there seems to be a lot of opportunities in that area, but not sure if the city itself would be your thing (it's not mine )

Maybe you could do what I'm planning to do - go back to the UK, find a short-term place to live (because I'm guessing it won't be possible to rent a place without a work contract)... and keep applying and applying until an opportunity comes up, which it will! Then, once job has been found, and you have a contract, then you can use it to rent a property. This way you stay flexible, and can move to wherever the new job might be.

Here's wishing you lots of success with your plans

Comment

Working...
        X