• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Italy - what next?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    There's as much chance of Italy leaving the Euro as there is of the UK actually leaving the EU.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-quicktake-q-a

Italy won't leave the Euro it'll just get mired in an awfully complicated constitutional and judicial process, not that it will get as far as a referendum.

Perish the thought that the Italian's might have a mind of their own as well as us. Bring on the collapse.

Comment

Looks like Labour are about to take over the Brexit process.

Tories to vote for Labour motion to torpedo the government's Brexit negotiations

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Looks like Labour are about to take over the Brexit process.

Tories to vote for Labour motion to torpedo the government's Brexit negotiations

Interesting. Looks like GE is on the cards then. Or maybe the civil war is on its way?

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
          Interesting. Looks like GE is on the cards then. Or maybe the civil war is on its way?
          If there is a GE, strong support for UKIP will split the right and let in Labour and the Lib Dems.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

If there is a GE, strong support for UKIP will split the right and let in Labour and the Lib Dems.

UKIP is after Northern labour supporters though at the moment it looks like they are going to lose their party donor. With that and having to pay back the EU they may go bankrupt.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Now I know you're in lala land.

If there is a GE the Tories will increase their majority. Ukip will take a lot of Labour seats that voted heavily to leave. The liberals will make some gains in the seats that voted to remain.

We will have a stronger Tory government backed by Ukip. The idea of a moderate Brexit will disappear and you will get the hard Brexit you desire. The country will become more divided.

Is this what you really want?

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                Is this what you really want?
                Why not. Could be a giggle.

Comment

This is a vote on the senate not on the Euro

The vote was on the senate not on the Euro. Italy's banks are in a complete mess yes but I would bet my last pound on the ECB allowing the printing of more money to provide QE and bank liquidity than allowing Italy to leave the Euro and destabilise the whole currency.

Another area where the Brexiters have got this right ECB bending the rules as and when it wants, although I am not in favour of Brexit, and have never yet heard a convincing argument to leave, I didnt vote but I do see both sides and therefore not overly concerned about the outcome
                  Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Good article in today's Times about the necessity for Italy (and others) to leave the Euro so that their currencies can float. In fact it suggested that Germany should leave, being by far the strongest currency, leaving the others to remain in a weaker Euro. Well worth a read and food for thought. Although I think it unlikely in the extreme that this will happen.

Comment

Working...
                    X