• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can't think of a worse place to work.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forcing people to do a 9-5 in a city centre is nuts - it just increases the commute time by at least an hour a day due to traffic..

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Forcing people to do a 9-5 in a city centre is nuts - it just increases the commute time by at least an hour a day due to traffic..
      As I said flexibility seems to be the norm now, often with core hours say 10-4 or 11-3. Good for commuting, good for working parents, good for morale for people to feel they're cared about.

Although if you're working with people in other countries it gets more tricky.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        As I said flexibility seems to be the norm now, often with core hours say 10-4 or 11-3. Good for commuting, good for working parents, good for morale for people to feel they're cared about.

Although if you're working with people in other countries it gets more tricky.
        Yes indeed - however when jobsworth middle management tit decides he likes to work 9-5 and therefore everyone should it falls apart...

surprises me people like that still exist mind you.

Comment

Current client co is a joy on that front.
          Very big on flexible working, so lots of the permies do compressed weeks.

Remote working is encouraged up to 2 days a week for everyone, contractors included, after an initial period.

Never seen anyone give a toss about hours.

A couple of permie guys in the team start at 7am most days to beat traffic at either end.
          Another rolls in at 10am every day.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
            Current client co is a joy on that front.
            Very big on flexible working, so lots of the permies do compressed weeks.

Remote working is encouraged up to 2 days a week for everyone, contractors included, after an initial period.

Never seen anyone give a toss about hours.

A couple of permie guys in the team start at 7am most days to beat traffic at either end.
            Another rolls in at 10am every day.
            Same here, works like a charm

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
              Same here, works like a charm
              Same here, too
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Sounds excellent to me. Well, not bad. If I was in charge I would make it 9.06 and 25.0348965 seconds.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

A couple of permie guys in the team start at 7am most days to beat traffic at either end
                  Did that in my last ever permie job, it was agreed with the manager at the interview. A few months later a director said I had to do 9-5. After a few weeks of spending 5 or more hours a day in traffic I chucked it in.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                  X