• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]US election stuff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Where did I say that? I only broken down the statistics.

Feck me, has the simple act of 'reading' been lost since my departure?
    No, but the simple act of grammar certainly has. Been in Deutschland too long, I suspect...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      It did happen, there was a referendum 5 years ago. It was about 70-30 in favour of "No, you can shove that where the sun don't shine, Cleggy boy".
      You were probably too busy to notice at the time.
      I remember. The Tories threw a wod of cash as the campaign and used the first past the post system to boot.

Cocksplats.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        Why post it?

In my book being thick is moaning about an elective choice after the election. Endlessly complaining on forums how hard done by you've been by thick people.

Call me what you like, it's happened grow up.
        If no one took umbrage there'd be no opposition. Opposition has a purpose without it you'd be living in dark ages. A place where Brexit will soon take you.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          Not a wailing liberal here ... just amazed how utterly unsuitable a person has just been elected president. Hillary just as bad ...
          Like I said before, this has very little to do with governance & has everything to do with culture. It's a war between nationalism & globalism, egoistic pride & marxist nihilism.

When you recognise that, you won't be amazed at all and you won't see Trump as unsuitable.

Trumps media independent celebrity status combined with his complete disregard for being slandered (which is the left's only weapon) has amassed a critical mass of support to create the necessary social proof for the millions of Americans who are otherwise too timid in the face of a rabid leftist media & academia slander-fest. It snowballed from there and I think will continue to do so. The mainstream media is dead.

This shouldn't have come as a surprise for anyone. Of course it did for most because they believe the hoaxing mainstream media.

What's completely bizarre, yet entirely predictable, is the masses of people who thought it was absurd when Trump ran, until he became the nominee. Who then thought it absurd to think he could win, until he did. Who believed the polls until they were proved complete nonsense (which was clear to see if you looked at the weighting compared to previous cycles and current zeitgeist)...

...so many of these people will, in the face of being shown to be so comprehensively wrong about absolutely everything, double down on predicting what terrifying things a Trump whitehouse will bring - rather than recognising the dissonance between their world-view and the facts of reality.

A sane person, surely, would now be re-evaluating their entire world view rather than projecting yet more analysis based on the same faulty premises.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
            Like I said before, this has very little to do with governance & has everything to do with culture. It's a war between nationalism & globalism, egoistic pride & marxist nihilism.

When you recognise that, you won't be amazed at all and you won't see Trump as unsuitable.

Trumps media independent celebrity status combined with his complete disregard for being slandered (which is the left's only weapon) has amassed a critical mass of support to create the necessary social proof for the millions of Americans who are otherwise too timid in the face of a rabid leftist media & academia slander-fest. It snowballed from there and I think will continue to do so. The mainstream media is dead.

This shouldn't have come as a surprise for anyone. Of course it did for most because they believe the hoaxing mainstream media.

What's completely bizarre, yet entirely predictable, is the masses of people who thought it was absurd when Trump ran, until he became the nominee. Who then thought it absurd to think he could win, until he did. Who believed the polls until they were proved complete nonsense (which was clear to see if you looked at the weighting compared to previous cycles and current zeitgeist)...

...so many of these people will, in the face of being shown to be so comprehensively wrong about absolutely everything, double down on predicting what terrifying things a Trump whitehouse will bring - rather than recognising the dissonance between their world-view and the facts of reality.

A sane person, surely, would now be re-evaluating their entire world view rather than projecting yet more analysis based on the same faulty premises.
            What's more scary is that the Democrats seemed to be so detached from public opinion is to think that they could put someone as publicly reviled as Hillary up and it not matter, especially given what happened with Brexit. It should, I hope, give the liberal media the kick in the groin that it needs. For everything that's wrong with the Mail and Express, there are left wing rags that are even more blind to contrary opinion.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Well as reviled as Clinton is, more people voted for her than Trump (she lost the electoral college, but won the popular vote) , so the Republicans need to have to look at themselves to see why their candidate was even more reviled than Clinton.

To me it seems pretty obvious.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Liberal BBC pander to emotional losers

Poor, spoilt millennials. It must be hard not having things go their own way all the time.

US Election 2016: A survivor's guide to unexpected voting results - BBC News

Now, if ever there's an outcome of ceasing use of red pen in the classroom and giving everyone a medal at sports day, this is it. Stop playing your Xbox games on easy while you're at it you uptight little chunts.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  Well as reviled as Clinton is, more people voted for her than Trump (she lost the electoral college, but won the popular vote) , so the Republicans need to have to look at themselves to see why their candidate was even more reviled than Clinton.

To me it seems pretty obvious.

Oh they're both terrible. Both parties need to have a look at themselves and figure out why they put candidates up that resulted in a race to the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    Poor, spoilt millennials. It must be hard not having things go their own way all the time.

US Election 2016: A survivor's guide to unexpected voting results - BBC News

Now, if ever there's an outcome of ceasing use of red pen in the classroom and giving everyone a medal at sports day, this is it. Stop playing your Xbox games on easy while you're at it you uptight little chunts.

Maybe something like this would be more palatable?

Comment

How to "survive" not getting everything your own way all the time!!! FFS!! A good dose of MTFU is needed. Let them do a tour in Helmand province serving their country to "find themselves", then let them tell us how hard done by they are!!

Pampered fooking lightweights. A national embarrassment!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X