• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]US election stuff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    I didn't have to google too hard to find this, I'm sure there are plenty more examples for you to and research yourself. Given you've stooped to citing Don King as a relevant character reference, what with his fraudulent, thieving past - I can only conclude you're thick as 2 short planks

Here Are 13 Examples Of Donald Trump Being Racist | Huffington Post
    Ah, Huffington Post, the last bastion of Clinton losers. Enjoy.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      How about this?

September 2014 - Yes to Scottish Independence 45%, No to Scottish Independence 55%.

What do you make of THAT result Mr Maths??

65% of Scots resident in Scotland voted for independence. 45% of residents in Scotland voted for independence.

The majority of non-Scots in Scotland are English. Obviously English folk wish Scotland to remain in the UK.

Tells me a lot that does. Now shut up and show me the money.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
        Yeah its not the only one

2015 - parties with greater than 1 million votes
        Conservatives - 11,334,920 votes, 331 seats
        Labour - 9,347,326 votes, 232 seats
        UKIP - 3,881,129 votes, 1 seat
        Libs - 2,415,888 votes, 8 seats
        SNP - 1,454,436 votes, 56 seats
        Greens - 1,157,613 votes, 1 seat

The problem we'd have is that it's hard to imagine how we'd get a government formed if we had PR unless you cut down on the number of parties that can stand. But that's not exactly fair either.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

The problem we'd have is that it's hard to imagine how we'd get a government formed if we had PR unless you cut down on the number of parties that can stand. But that's not exactly fair either.
          That's not a problem that's the answer. One party politics no longer work for the country. In fact they do more damage than not. The coalition government we had achieved more for the common man on the street than recent one-party governments.

We need to pull ourselves out of the stone age and move on. The system we have was fine when the population was sparsely distributed taking horse drawn cart from one estate to the other. But this is 2016 now not 1816!! Keeping the system we have now is hop skip and a jump from a dressed up dictatorship. The fact May tried to use royal privilege to push through acts that would affect everyone just shows how dangerous our unelected leaders are.
          Last edited by scooterscot; 10 November 2016, 09:36.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            65% of Scots resident in Scotland voted for independence. 45% of residents in Scotland voted for independence.

The majority of non-Scots in Scotland are English. Obviously English folk wish Scotland to remain in the UK.

Tells me a lot that does. Now shut up and show me the money.
            What does it tell you? That uncontrolled migration can fundamentally alter the future of a country against the wishes of the people who consider themselves "native"?

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
              What does it tell you? That uncontrolled migration can fundamentally alter the future of a country against the wishes of the people who consider themselves "native"?
              Tell that to the Native Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                2015 - parties with greater than 1 million votes
                Conservatives - 11,334,920 votes, 331 seats
                Labour - 9,347,326 votes, 232 seats
                UKIP - 3,881,129 votes, 1 seat
                Libs - 2,415,888 votes, 8 seats
                SNP - 1,454,436 votes, 56 seats
                Greens - 1,157,613 votes, 1 seat

The UK's Unheard Third - the 34% of registered voters who did not vote.

Won't let me copy the graphic, but:

2015:
                Non-voters: 34%
                Conservative 24%
                Labour 20%
                UKIP 8.3%
                Lib Dem 5.2%
                Green 2.5%

Makes the US system look pretty good. Here 24% support = absolute power.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                  I have nothing against the uncontrolled migration of folks from south of the border if that's what you're getting at.

The media does a good job of slinging mud at the SNP time and time again. The BBC in particular. But I'm absolutely certain SNP will be the majority party for years to come. The point is you can say one thing about the statistics of who voted for independence or not but it's clear the popular vote exists and cannot be ignored. To do so is only going to entrench division and we must do something to move away from that. I don't know what 'that' is, however.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    That's not a problem that's the answer. One party politics no longer work for the country. In fact they do more damage than not. The coalition government we had achieved more for the common man on the street than recent one-party governments.

We need to pull ourselves out of the stone age and move on. The system we have was fine when the population was sparsely distributed taking horse drawn cart from one estate to the other. But this is 2016 now not 1816!! Keeping the system we have now is hop skip and a jump from a dressed up dictatorship. The fact May tried to use royal privilege to push through acts that would affect everyone just shows how dangerous our unelected leaders are.
                    In the UK, it's commonly accepted that you're voting for a person in council elections and a party at general elections. Very naïve to think otherwise. May is therefore not an unelected leader because she's the leader of the party that won the general election. The Tories won the game; you simply don't like the rules but don't live here anyway.

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    The UK's Unheard Third - the 34% of registered voters who did not vote.

Won't let me copy the graphic, but:

2015:
                    Non-voters: 34%
                    Conservative 24%
                    Labour 20%
                    UKIP 8.3%
                    Lib Dem 5.2%
                    Green 2.5%

Makes the US system look pretty good. Here 24% support = absolute power.
                    Their own fault if they don't vote, no? Surely they can't moan if they didn't tick a box? Not sure what your point is.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      Tell that to the Native Americans.
                      Yet people support the Muzzers getting rid of Israel, who were there long before Mohammed was even thought of. Funny old world.

Comment

Working...
                      X