• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]US election stuff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    If you like your president to possess the following qualities then yes I agree:

racist
    misogynistic
    compulsive liar
    self-serving
    cowardly (draft dodger)
    bullying (of the disabled no less for e.g)
    xenophobic

The evidence suggest he's a shallow, charmless narcissist. The only ray of hope is that he actually has no real clue on how to deliver on his election promises.
    The Saxon has awoken!

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      Or you could vote for someone who:

wants to invade Iran because she doesn't agree with their regime
      As far as I know, that's a complete fallacy, She was asked how she would respond if Iran attached Israel with nukes.
      is prepared to go to war with Russia for no good reason that I can see
      What evidence is there of that?

self-serving cancels out
      Maybe so. I don't think she's had referenced infrastructure projects in an inauguration speech.

cowardly - openly condoning the assassination of opponents ("droning" Assange) isn't?
      Nope - that's a completely different type of characteristic and not the same kind of personal cowardice in my view

cheated to win the nomination, as revealed in many email leaks
      was knowingly funded by the same Middle East backers of ISIS
      Let's not forget the ongoing email server case

But yeah, a brash entrepreneur that wants to put 'murica first is much worse.
      What case? She's been cleared no? And if you think the Donald is putting merica first - you're deluded

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
        Learnt a new word today:

Oikophobia, the irrational tendency to be righteously furious about democratic decisions made by fellow citizens. Usually characterised by suggesting that anyone who differs from one’s own perception of a liberal consensus is thick, badly informed, poorly educated, racist and white working class.
        I think you are thick, but I have no idea which, if any, you are out of the other classifications you mention.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          I think you are thick, but I have no idea which, if any, you are out of the other classifications you mention.
          Because he has an opinion different from yours?

Comment

Learnt a new word today:

Oikophobia, the irrational tendency to be righteously furious about democratic decisions made by fellow citizens. Usually characterised by suggesting that anyone who differs from one’s own perception of a liberal consensus is thick, badly informed, poorly educated, racist and white working class.
            Total votes for Donald Trump 59,418,103
            Total votes for Hilary Clinton 69,424,897

If you're saying democracy was served last night then reason has lost all hope and the human race as we know is doomed.

The US has a very good electoral system - for a large rural country in 1812. The system the US uses is fundamentally broken in the modern day.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Because he has an opinion different from yours?
              Nah it is because when he's asked logical questions about his opinions he refuses to answer them.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Total votes for Donald Trump 59,418,103
                Total votes for Hilary Clinton 69,424,897

If you're saying democracy was served last night then reason has lost all hope and the human race as we know is doomed.

The US has a very good electoral system - for a large rural country in 1812. The system the US uses is fundamentally broken in the modern day.
                Quit the whining all electoral systems have their flaws.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Oh, I don't know. It stopped Gore and Mrs Clinton.

Look - it's the way their presidential election works. If you're against it, then why did you support the judges who decided against May's government (or the "wishes of the people" as the idiots here put it). In any case, the majority that a government in the UK has is vastly out of proportion to the popular vote.

Learnt a new word today.
                  No you didn't. Oikophobia is fear of your own home surroundings. From the Greek "oikos" meaning home. Though it has been used to describe people who prefer alien cultures to their own.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Quit the whining all electoral systems have their flaws +/- 10 million votes.
                    FTFY
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      Oh, I don't know. It stopped Gore and Mrs Clinton.

Look - it's the way their presidential election works. If you're against it,
                      I did not say I'm against it. I understand democracy as it is defined in the dictionary. I'm a math person. The math checks out the result did not, I'm only highlighting that.

Comment

Working...
                      X