• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CrossFit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah OK, yeah doing compound lifts for 3x5 can take a while, plus you have to change/shower so it's difficult to fit into a lunch break.

I do a full body workout on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday, so I only need to go to the gym 2 weeknights and it takes just over an hour, but I just walk to my local gym and shower at home so that saves time.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      Sounds like you formed a very close bond
      I'm sure it was NLUK, muttered something about having to ask his accountant when I asked him how long he's been doing it

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
        I'm sure it was NLUK, muttered something about having to ask his accountant when I asked him how long he's been doing it

You have NLUK, pictured in your mind, as gym fit

Maybe that's the reason, just the other day, why he was suggesting he was a babe magnet
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabotnik View Post
          Ah OK, yeah doing compound lifts for 3x5 can take a while, plus you have to change/shower so it's difficult to fit into a lunch break.

I do a full body workout on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday, so I only need to go to the gym 2 weeknights and it takes just over an hour, but I just walk to my local gym and shower at home so that saves time.
          That seems to be an awful waste of good drinking time.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            You have NLUK, pictured in your mind, as gym fit

Maybe that's the reason, just the other day, why he was suggesting he was a babe magnet
            There is always a few fat blokes in the gym who just lift weights.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
              That seems to be an awful waste of good drinking time.
              Working out and drinking aren't necessarily mutually exclusive....

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
                Working out and drinking aren't necessarily mutually exclusive....

Looks like MFs diet is going really well
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

All looks a bit uncomfortable really.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabotnik View Post
                    Crossfit is great if you are looking to acquire a debilitating injury. Olympic lifts against the clock? What could possibly go wrong?

I would join the gym to use their power racks, but don't fall for any of their marketing carp. I highly recommend Starting Strength or GSLP as beginner programs.
                    +1 on the power racks (but NOT the Smith machine please...).

It never occurred to me to do GreySkull. My route was Stronglifts 5x5 (yeah, I know!) then 5/3/1, which is my current programme.

Comment

Originally posted by RetSet View Post
                      +1 on the power racks (but NOT the Smith machine please...).

It never occurred to me to do GreySkull. My route was Stronglifts 5x5 (yeah, I know!) then 5/3/1, which is my current programme.
                      Yeah Smith Machines should be banned

Stronglifts is recommended a lot and is a good way to practice the main lifts. I ran the 2 day version of 5/3/1 BBB for a while due to time limitations and it was no joke. I was doing 90kg 5x10 deadlifts @ 72kg BW

I will probably run the 3 day version once I'm done with GSLP. Just trying to max out my noob gains before I move on. Or I might try a DUP programme.

Comment

Working...
                      X