• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CrossFit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CrossFit

A new CF gym has opened up next to where I work. I normally train in the car park and I have bits and bobs that I leave by the side of it to use but being as this place was so close and I can train at lunchtime there I was thinking of giving it a go.

Anyone here ever done it?
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

I'm not convinced that kipping is good preparation for wearing heavy armour and swinging a big sword.

Big **** off deadlifts, squats, and bench presses, on the other hand...

Comment

Unless you are under 30 don't do it.

1. You will become an exercise and possibly diet bore
      2. You are likely to injure yourself
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

+1 I did yoga yesterday, the wrong side of 40 and have been doing weights for a while, yoga killed me!

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
          +1 I did yoga yesterday, the wrong side of 40 and have been doing weights for a while, yoga killed me!
          Yoga Why?

Just go to some of the exercise classes they have at gyms e.g. circuits, body pump, spinning and do the stretching afterwards. The stretches will kill you but at least you won't spin 30mins+ doing it and suffering.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Yoga Why?

Just go to some of the exercise classes they have at gyms e.g. circuits, body pump, spinning and do the stretching afterwards. The stretches will kill you but at least you won't spin 30mins+ doing it and suffering.
            Yoga is more than a bit of stretching :-) I'm trying to build up slow twitch fibre muscle strength as well as the fast twitch ones that weights targets (and those classes you've mentioned), also need to increase my flexibility and core for Krav Maga.

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
              Yoga is more than a bit of stretching :-) I'm trying to build up slow twitch fibre muscle strength as well as the fast twitch ones that weights targets (and those classes you've mentioned), also need to increase my flexibility and core for Krav Maga.
              For slow twitch fibres I just go on a long run though cycling is another option. For core and flexibility I do the other classes in the gym that target them. (I also have a DVD as well.) Unfortunately only women tend to do them.

Comment

For slow twitch fibres i like to wear woolen underwear
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  For slow twitch fibres i like to wear woolen underwear

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    For slow twitch fibres I just go on a long run though cycling is another option. For core and flexibility I do the other classes in the gym that target them. (I also have a DVD as well.) Unfortunately only women tend to do them.
                    I used to do these classes! I did Body Combat, Body Jam and Body Attack which was also followed by a spinning class I was the only guy in Jam, Attack and Spinning ... then we had kids and I have never managed to go since!
                    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                    X