• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Big 4 and Credit Checks - Can I pass?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post
    which of the credit agencies hold data for up to 15yrs?.

I am trying to find 2 old credit cards details from 2002 with (halifax & barclays) that I might have had with PPI .... I understand the banks wont volunteer such details to reduce my chance of a claim
    Don't think that's true. We rang Lloyd's and asked. They looked through the accounts on the phone and said there was a claim and then sent the form over there and then. I highly doubt banks are allowed to keep back data about you which are are legally entitled to in an attempt not to pay.

They are not volunteering it, you've asked to see it so they should respond to your request.

Dunno about time limits though.

EDIT : Looking in to it a little bit it doesn't matter what the credit agency has. If the lender hasn't kept your records past 6 years there isn't a lot you can really do. That's 6 years after the account was closed of course. Can get complicated going back more than 6 years it seems.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 8 November 2016, 14:52.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post
      which of the credit agencies hold data for up to 15yrs?.

I am trying to find 2 old credit cards details from 2002 with (halifax & barclays) that I might have had with PPI .... I understand the banks wont volunteer such details to reduce my chance of a claim
      There's a template generator on the Which website. They're obliged to investigate for you, even if you don't still have any details of it:

How to reclaim mis-sold PPI for free
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        It makes no difference.

Each card issuer uses one of the 3 agencies and the other 2 do not hold details on what the others hold. Barclays likely uses Experian.
        That's not true. All CRA's will hold as much data from lenders as they chose or can hold as customers. A lender can use one or many.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Don't think that's true. We rang Lloyd's and asked. They looked through the accounts on the phone and said there was a claim and then sent the form over there and then. I highly doubt banks are allowed to keep back data about you which are are legally entitled to in an attempt not to pay.

They are not volunteering it, you've asked to see it so they should respond to your request.

Dunno about time limits though.

EDIT : Looking in to it a little bit it doesn't matter what the credit agency has. If the lender hasn't kept your records past 6 years there isn't a lot you can really do. That's 6 years after the account was closed of course. Can get complicated going back more than 6 years it seems.
          CRA's hold data for over 10 years but it's only actionable in a credit score for 6.

Comment

Working...
          X