• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff (part 2)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Source is Russia Today
    I expect it will be in the quality papers later in the week with analysis suggesting the German people love the EU.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
      What about the half of Labour voters who want to leave. Are they far right too?

Not at all and that backs up what I am saying. Euroscepticism != BNP. Vetren was implying that it does to discredit the fact his own article in the wail says that that 75% of Germans don’t agree with the Eurosceptic movement.
      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
        I would also include UKIP and the Tory right as being a Eurosceptic movement.

67% of people wanting the e.u. to change != 67% wanting to leave the e.u.

I'm sure many remainers also want a more transparent and and 'closer to the people' organisation but don't want to screw ourselfs out of misguided Euroscepticisiam.
        however 42% wanting DErexit is a bit scary for the EU.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          however 42% wanting DErexit is a bit scary for the EU.
          The headline and article say 42% want a referendum not 42% would vote to leave in a referendum.

As Sas says thats why the wail can't be cited as a source as is not impartial in the way it reports the facts.
          Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

The main obstacle to a shift in Financial services from the UK to Europe is that Paris is not an attractive place to invest, and Frankfurt is too small. If France gets a Thatcherite prime minister and that looks increasingly likely, that might not be good for the UK's financial service sector.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.bbff2ff821c0
            Last edited by BlasterBates; 30 November 2016, 13:27.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              The main obstacle to a shift in Financial services from the UK to Europe is that Paris is not an attractive place to invest, and Frankfurt is too small. If France gets a Thatcherite prime minister and that looks increasingly that might not be good for the UK's financial service sector.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.bbff2ff821c0
              You have been busy trawaling for stories that prove you right. We would not expect you to come back after all this time to admit you were ever wrong would we?
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
                The headline and article say 42% want a referendum not 42% would vote to leave in a referendum.

As Sas says thats why the wail can't be cited as a source as is not impartial in the way it reports the facts.

And which newspaper is Impartial? I know of none.

If 42% want a referendum it suggests that they feel the situation needs settling. 67% want change.

In Scotland that would be enough for the SNP to drone on endlessly.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  That's nothing. Wait until Article 50 is invoked, then hard Brexit
                  We all know that Article 50 will never be invoked, and there never was any intention to do so.

Comment

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that the real threat to this country is not Brexit, but the rank stupidity of the majority of the inhabitants. Delusions of intellectual adequacy seem to be rife, particularly among the innumerate.
                    A common sense eugenics policy put in place early in the 20th century would have stopped those with an IQ of less than 105 from breeding, instead we had the exact opposite, where the state encouraged the stupid to reproduce and even paid them to do so.
                    You can see the results on this thread and others.
                    And that is why the future of the country looks bleak.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that the real threat to this country is not Brexit, but the rank stupidity of the majority of the inhabitants. Delusions of intellectual adequacy seem to be rife, particularly among the innumerate.
                      A common sense eugenics policy put in place early in the 20th century would have stopped those with an IQ of less than 105 from breeding, instead we had the exact opposite, where the state encouraged the stupid to reproduce and even paid them to do so.
                      You can see the results on this thread and others.
                      And that is why the future of the country looks bleak.

Comment

Working...
                      X