• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff (part 2)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    agreed and it is so funny to watch
    Originally posted by ClothCap View Post
    So have we got another offshore bremoaner...
    A bremoaner is someone who moans about Brexit. There's not really much of that going on here. There is considerable amount of laughing at dumb wrexiters, who not only have no sense of irony, they also don't know what irony means. (Or Brexit for that matter).

For the more serious of us, there are attempts at discussing the effects (so far) of Brexit, and what it will mean in the long term to the prosperity of our fair country. However, since the wrexiters are a fairly thick bunch, by and large, their only response is "*grunt* bremoaner *grunt*". Which for odd reasons they think settles the argument.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Very intelligent response. Glad you were able to display your superior debating skills without resorting to childish insults.
      I get up...

Comment

Lads look, keep focused,

would a Brexiter please explain for the rest of us thickos what Brexit actually means.

And thus, will Britain actually execute the Brexiter's vision of Brexit ? Hence the poll.

Milan in looking forward to learn something Mode.

Comment

so, recap,

are we concluding that even Brexit is not Brexit ?

Would a Brexiter please explain for the rest of us thickos what Brexit actually means.

And thus, will Britain actually execute the Brexiter's vision of Brexit ? Hence the poll.

TTFN

Milan.
          It means we control our borders and that our relationship with EU countries in terms of trade, H&S, compliance, recognition of International standards of education are up for grabs. It also means that we can force EU job seekers to pass language tests before being hired.

Oh I forgot. You will need a visa to travel to EU countries
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

no argument about those items:

It means we control our borders and that our relationship with EU countries in terms of trade, H&S, compliance, recognition of International standards of education are up for grabs. It also means that we can force EU job seekers to pass language tests before being hired.

Why does implementing those mean you have to leave the EU ?

Here on the mainland most companies demand English B1 level from the European Language standards: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common..._for_Languages

Why doesn't UK do the same ? Surely implementing that does not mean UK has to leave the EU ?

Most of the other items have the same such situation. Most of these items are not actually the EU's fault, most of these items are the British government's fault and who actually blame the EU because it's cheaper and easier than admitting their failures.

Try to go to Germany and claim a house and benefits, or Austria etc.

Ok, what else is on the Brexit vision list ?

Milan.

Comment

Here on the mainland most companies demand English B1 level from the European Language standards: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common..._for_Languages

Why doesn't UK do the same ? Surely implementing that does not mean UK has to leave the EU ?

Most of the other items have the same such situation. Most of these items are not actually the EU's fault, most of these items are the British government's fault and who actually blame the EU because it's cheaper and easier than admitting their failures.

Milan.
              It is discriminatory to force an EU job seeker to pass a language test in order to get a job.

Brexiters (like me) do not want to be subsumed and controlled by a superstate that is driven primarily to serve itself. To end it now is better than having to leave it in 10 years time.
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                I think that analysis is broadly correct, although it's worth noting that we entered the referendum with historically high twin deficits and an overvalued currency by most standards, so some devaluation was warranted in the longer term. Had we voted remain, the currency would likely be a significant drag by now. The extent to which rebalancing might occur is difficult to predict, as with the current account deficit, but the devaluation is broadly supportive of both.

Comment

Milan.
                  Ok I'll bite cos i got nothing better to do.

So

1) Free movement of labour, not free movement of people.
                  2) Ability trade with who we want on terms mutually agreeable to both parties without having to have agreements ratified by 27 other countries with opposing goals.
                  3) Zero interference from other countries on our policies

And just to stir things up - on 11th November it will be remembrance day - when we use the tagline
                  'Lest we forget' lets us remember that what that means is let us not forget those who fought and died so we would not have our civil liberties dictated to us from a central European tyranny.

For those of you who voted remain - you did forget - you forgot because you valued your cheap latte over the broken skulls of our grandparents and you should hang your heads in shame.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    It is discriminatory to force an EU job seeker to pass a language test in order to get a job.

Brexiters (like me) do not want to be subsumed and controlled by a superstate that is driven primarily to serve itself. To end it now is better than having to leave it in 10 years time.

DA, I'll ignore the first item about the language test because that's how it is on the mainland, you wanna work in a big company you gotta have English B1 or higher. Why the UK doesn't do that, best you ask Mrs May.

2nd point, I am really Brexit curious, but before I join you on the Brexit bus, I just want to understand, at nuts and bolts level, what exactly does leaving mean ?

Please share you personal vision of Brexit, here let me help you, it could be like this...

Dodgy's Vision of Brexit and Post Brexit Britain...

Britain's independently negotiated trade deals with all foreign countries

Tighter borders

Everybody speaks English

School places for all children

Affordable housing

Higher Export driven economy

etc

see what I mean, what's the Brexiter's vision of post Brexit Britain ?

Thanks in advance,

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                      Oh I forgot. You will need a visa to travel to EU countries
                      Why? Didn't need one before joining the common market.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X