• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What would you do - Landlord asking if we want to buy the house we are renting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    No frills Christmas, or the house you want?

Think of the house as the family Christmas present, and if the kids don't like it, send them out to get jobs.
    To be fair I have no qualms with a no frills Christmas, and yes long term if it means getting the house we are already settled in all the better
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      As WTFH states all you can do is ask what he is after, how much he wants and how long he is willing to wait. Then check the current price via zoopla and recently sold prices.

You could also check if he was willing to accept a part exchange for rather quicker progress (no harm in asking)
      Looked on Zoopla, and its doable if we don't sell the other house (depending on bank saying yes to a second mortgage with a house without a tenant)

When emailing the landlord, would you copy in the letting agent?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        1. No.
        2. No.
        3. If a former ClientCo offered you a role, would you phone an agent to see if they would like commission, or like to impose restrictions on you/the client?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Of course, if you don't mind paying him a cut
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Answer depends on whether you're currently living in a flat above a betting shop in a Scottish post-industrial wasteland.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Answer depends on whether you're currently living in a flat above a betting shop in a Scottish post-industrial wasteland.
              Nah large four bedroom house in a leafy suburbs, I would go as far as saying if it had a London postcode it would be worth millions, as I am lucky enough to live in God's Own Republic of Yorkshire its a snip at a few hundred thousand

Comment

Phone call from the letting agent on behalf of the landlord asking if we are still interested in buying the house,
                Easy.

Exchange with Delayed Completion, 'babysit' the BTL mortgage that your LL already has in place, and work out something between yourselves about how you repay his equity.

Or, if he owns the place free & clear, ask him if he will provide the financing for you. If he gets (say) 3% from you, that's way better than the 0.2% (or whatever) he'd get from the bank.

You'll both need solicirors who understand creative finance. I can give you details of a couple if the above appeals to you.

Comment

What's the value and rental yield?

I'm just buying some more BTL at the moment, if it's worth it I'll buy it and rent it to you. Just don't get behind on the rent I've been watching Can't Pay and would love to send the boys round.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

The following assumes that you want to buy it:

Go direct to landlord, invite them round for a coffee and a chat.
                    Be honest, that you want to buy it but that you need to sell your own first. For him, it saves on estate agency fees and he doesn't have to worry about managing viewers. If you've got a good relationship with them, it should be a straight forward enough deal; perhaps agree a point at which you have to accept that it's not going to happen in time?
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      What's the value and rental yield?

I'm just buying some more BTL at the moment, if it's worth it I'll buy it and rent it to you. Just don't get behind on the rent I've been watching Can't Pay and would love to send the boys round.
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X