• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Newbie wannabe contractor posts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie wannabe contractor posts

I foresee a sharp reduction in these types of posts after April 2017.

I also will be advising Admin to set up an IR35 sub-forum for all those ignorant souls who have/had their backs turned to the on-coming train.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Originally posted by cojak View Post

I also will be advising Admin to set up an IR35 sub-forum for all those ignorant souls who have/had their backs turned to the on-coming train.
    April? Most people won't notice to May / June depending on the agency's pay schedules.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      April? Most people won't notice to May / June depending on the agency's pay schedules.
      True...
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Why? Not everyone works in the public sector...

Comment

Originally posted by blackeye View Post
          No but unless you can confirm no one does, there will be people surprised, shocked and complaining

Comment

Originally posted by blackeye View Post
            Because a large conglomerate of IT services firms and agencies have madehundreds of millions over the last decade using the ignorance of newly turned contractors.

It's time that as an industry we helped to stop unwary people taking jobs like help desk and BAU work that are inside ir35, based on the thought that some clauses in a contract saves them and besides "they will never catch me..."

Comment

There will be others who don't come to learn about the divvy tax until Jan 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                No but unless you can confirm no one does, there will be people surprised, shocked and complaining
                I was referring more to the reduction in newbie contractor part.

I don't have any statistics, but my educated guess would be the number of newbies trying to jump on the gravy train won't stop in April.

Even inside IR35, the vast majority would still be much better off in a contract than permie in the public sector. Especially so when you consider the shockingly low salaries offered in that sector for non-management positions.

Comment

Create an R35 Sub forum it's an excellent idea.
                  I have another suggestion, make NLUK a mod and lock him in.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
                    Create an R35 Sub forum it's an excellent idea.
                    I have another suggestion, make NLUK a mod and lock him in.
                    I have a better suggestion, stick to things you know about. As a permanent employee working in Portugal you don't and have continually shown yourself to know nothing about:-

1) the UK
                    2) business practices within the UK
                    3) UK law
                    4) contracting in the UK
                    5) contracting full stop.

Yet you continually make posts that throw entire threads off topic.

Thankfully as this is general I can say things that I can't say in a professional settings so as I have the opportunity to do so I will.

Unless you have actual experience about things we are talking about don't bother...

Comment

Working...
                    X