• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Autumn Statement 2016

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    More fool you

Hang on you pay £80 a WEEK for accommodation? You stay in the YMCA?
    Digs in a shared house - I'm up north in an area that makes County Durham look nice...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

County Durham IS nice. Just not the bits where people live (well the ex-pit villages)
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
        I do occasionally buy hardware but not frequently enough to make any difference and capital expenditure is also discounted anyway.
        Wonder if leasing hardware would be better. It's then opex rather than capex.

Comment

County Durham IS nice. Just not the bits where people live (well the ex-pit villages)
          Yep I know that. It was the pit villages and towns (bar bits of Darlington, Barnie, Durham and Bish) that I was thinking about
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by riffpie View Post
            Wonder if leasing hardware would be better. It's then opex rather than capex.
            I don't know - would leasing still be considered a purchase of goods or a purchase of services?

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
              I don't know - would leasing still be considered a purchase of goods or a purchase of services?
              It isn't a purchase of anything. Leasing equipment is often done so that it's an opex cost rather than a capex one.

Comment

It isn't a purchase of anything. Leasing equipment is often done so that it's an opex cost rather than a capex one.
                Agree, leasing is opex.

Comment

I suppose a reasonable number of people do but I very much doubt it's the norm. And nobody is going to have any sympathy that people earning £100k+ are getting squeezed a bit... it's not like "the rich" who just sneak inside the higher tax threshold and get ire from the lefties, or indeed that you're paying more tax - surely a loophole is just being tightened?

I personally think if you can bring in £10k/month then good on you. But that puts you into the super-tax territory not just FRS issues
                  I believe you have spectacularly missed the point, lets consider a £600 day rate, certainly not unusual in the city .

HMRC will actually collect less of something that is non refundable to the businesses involved, as they are zero VAT rated, that's the funny bit

Example for a day, £600 PD.

At 20% Rate and on FRS
                  £600 PD
                  £120 VAT
                  £720 Invoice Total

14.5% Invoice Total to HMRC = £104.40

At 16.5% and FRS
                  £600 PD
                  £99 VAT
                  £699 Invoice Total

14.5% Invoice Total to HMRC = £101.35
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

but isn't leasing accounted for as a service then rather than goods, so still wouldn't count for the new FRS rules

Comment

I mean in VAT terms. Is it a good or a service? I would have thought it was a service, even if what you were leasing was a good, but I don't know, what's why I'm asking.

Comment

Working...
                      X