• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Autumn Statement 2016

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
    I don't think so. There's still value in being able to recover VAT costs on the stuff we do pay for and our clients can reclaim the VAT we charge them so other than the admin, you're still better off being registered.
    Not if your client can't claim VAT back (gambling, banking etc) , you'll be 20% cheaper for them overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
      Not if your client can't claim VAT back (gambling, banking etc) , you'll be 20% cheaper for them overnight.
      That also applies now. If you're consistently below the threshold and have many clients who can't reclaim the VAT then deregistering might make sense.

I would have thought it's a moot point for many of us on an above average day rate.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Glad to see you understand what you've been paying for all this time :
        Can't be arsed to log into their site to copy paste the list, like I said I've had it for a few years and I don't log in randomly to see what's included (I checked their discounts a few times). The main reason I had it was in case of an IR35 investigation, and I wanted to support them in lobbying for contractors (lot of good that did...).

Comment

Originally posted by Rabotnik View Post
          Can't be arsed to log into their site to copy paste the list, like I said I've had it for a few years and I don't log in randomly to see what's included (I checked their discounts a few times). The main reason I had it was in case of an IR35 investigation, and I wanted to support them in lobbying for contractors (lot of good that did...).
          Personally I'd have shut up at your last post rather than trying to justify why don't haven't a bloody clue what and who you are paying. Continuing to argue just looks worse.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Personally I'd have shut up at your last post rather than trying to justify why don't haven't a bloody clue what and who you are paying. Continuing to argue just looks worse.
            What the **** did you just ******* say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ******* words. You think you can get away with saying that tulip to me over the Internet? Think again, ****er. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re ******* dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little tulip. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ******* tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will tulip fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re ******* dead, kiddo.

Comment

Still don't know what the membership you are paying 250 odd quid a year is called though do you.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

OMG, that's hilarious!

Comment

Originally posted by Rabotnik View Post
                  What the **** did you just ******* say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ******* words. You think you can get away with saying that tulip to me over the Internet? Think again, ****er. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re ******* dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little tulip. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ******* tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will tulip fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re ******* dead, kiddo.

What's that then, bananas at dawn?

Comment

And this bun (sorry, banana) fight is helping the discussion how exactly?
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Still don't know what the membership you are paying 250 odd quid a year is called though do you.
                      It's Annual Plus Membership, happy now?

I almost Googled it the first time too since I knew if I wrote the wrong name NLUK himself would jump right in. I actually enjoy your posts, hence I rarely post here so I won't be the target of them

(also mods, plz no ban for my copy pasta )

Comment

Working...
                      X