• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone know what Pontefract is like?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Looks like you'd want to avoid Rotherham....

Rotherham child abuse charges: Eight guilty - BBC News
    Don't want to go to Surrey either (sorry for Fail link): Woman and three men 'were part of a sex trafficking gang' | Daily Mail Online

I wonder if our alt-right collective will bang on about them...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      Oh well - as long as you didn't snoop in the knicker drawer thats ok

My birthday tiara?

I knew you'd been there.....

Diver - I know you like doing it under the bed, but it's fierce uncomfortable...

I asked you to move it...
      Ok I keep getting these weird quotes on the app. Now I'm just going to post them.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I lived in Snaith around a decade ago - calls itself a town but is really more like a large village.

Couple of decent pubs, decent-ish co-op and a couple of takeaways.
        Has a train station but only gets one train a day - but Selby & Goole train stations are only 10 mins away and Doncaster a little further.

I would definitely consider moving back there if I was working in Ponte.

Edit:
        House budget fits too:
        http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-pri...ountry=england
        http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-pri...ountry=england
        Last edited by blacjac; 23 February 2017, 13:47.
        Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          Don't want to go to Surrey either (sorry for Fail link): Woman and three men 'were part of a sex trafficking gang' | Daily Mail Online

I wonder if our alt-right collective will bang on about them...
          You dug a thread up about living in West Yorkshire to raise awareness about sex trafficking in Surrey? You are a complete oddball.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
            I lived in Snaith around a decade ago - calls itself a town but is really more like a large village.

Couple of decent pubs, decent-ish co-op and a couple of takeaways.
            Has a train station but only gets one train a day - but Selby & Goole train stations are only 10 mins away and Doncaster a little further.

I would definitely consider moving back there if I was working in Ponte.

Edit:
            House budget fits too:
            House Price History
            House Price History
            Wentworth looks a bit nicer, but you'd need a ride-on mower for the gardening.....
            10 bedroom detached house for sale in Wentworth, Rotherham, South Yorkshire, S62, S62
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              You're thinking of Eccles.
              No. Pontefract Cakes.

https://www.oldestsweetshop.co.uk/pontefract-cakes-300

Comment

Working...
              X