• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

only £2bn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

only £2bn

Health officials warn of 'escalating' problem of women flying to have their child  | Daily Mail Online

Revealed: How 900 health tourists gave birth at just ONE hospital as officials warn of 'escalating' problem of women flying to Britain to have their children
    Women will be asked to show passports before giving birth at St George's
    Expectant mothers to provide papers showing eligibility for free NHS care
    Those who can't will be referred to Home Office and could be deported
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

"Jessica Ormerod, of the National Health Action Party, said: ‘We are losing our humanity if we can think of excluding the most vulnerable in our society from a basic right to safe childbirth.’"

I think Jessica is a naive tw@

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      "Jessica Ormerod, of the National Health Action Party, said: ‘We are losing our humanity if we can think of excluding the most vulnerable in our society from a basic right to safe childbirth.’"

I think Jessica is a naive tw@
      Yep I don't see why its so difficult. What is Your NHS number? Do you have a driving license etc so we can check.

I like the idea of no health Insurance no Visa.

Comment

Daily whale fodder right there

Bimbo Ayelabola arrived from Lagos in 2011 to give birth to premature quintuplets at Homerton Hospital, East London
        Dat them set up for life anit it? Get the five on them on benefits quick sharp and a pad in notting hill. Good thing we're out of the EU, them folks coming over from Lagos!
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I call BS, visitors need health insurance, won't be granted a visa if there EWC is inside the period of the visa and even if they do manage it they get charged 150% of the cost of the birth.

Check our favourite immigration boards, loads get caught, mainly those who got their girlfriends here on a visit, got them up the duff, used it as an excuse for overstaying and then a human rights claim.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post

I call BS, visitors need health insurance, won't be granted a visa if there EWC is inside the period of the visa and even if they do manage it they get charged 150% of the cost of the birth.

Check our favourite immigration boards, loads get caught, mainly those who got their girlfriends here on a visit, got them up the duff, used it as an excuse for overstaying and then a human rights claim.
            What is an EWC?
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              What is an EWC?
              Expected Week of Confinement int it? I typed it to avoid having the type expected week of confinement and now ive had to type it twice...

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                What is an EWC?
                What does EWC mean in a Maternity Policy context? - wedding planning discussion forums

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Bremoan
                  FTFY

Comment

Even if you have NHS number you are still asked (granted AFTER the bitrth) to prove residentship for a certain period or pay the bill. Whether said bill is collected if it's deemed payable after the fact is a different matter.

Comment

Working...
                    X