• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Personal Car Lease

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    Um no ... Be careful, Ling quotes + VAT / Generally cheaper and yes she does VWFS. I have two from her. Also she will match quotes. Highly recommended and the site is unbelievable.

Also watch out for mileage, initial payment and over mileage on the contract. So if you are comparing a 9 + 45/8K miles a year ex VAT lease, to a 3 + 35/10K + VAT lease will look wildly overpriced.
    There is that trick with VW about getting the ppm from 7.2 -> 3 by calling VWFS a year into the lease too. I don't have VW only overheard.

Comment

No you wouldn't. You would be better off doing a VT before the end of your contract.

Comment

Originally posted by rich_e View Post
        No you wouldn't. You would be better off doing a VT before the end of your contract.
        what does your comment relate to?
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          Leasing is the cheapest way to run a new car. With PCH they will offer other people in your company an option to buy the car, you can't buy it, but your partner can. I would say a cheap lease, followed by an indirect purchase has to be the very cheapest way to buy a new car. Bearing in mind that buying new isn't cheap.
          Look at main dealer leasing offers as I have found that these can often be cheaper than the leasing companies, if you shop around enough.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
            Look at main dealer leasing offers as I have found that these can often be cheaper than the leasing companies, if you shop around enough.
            This is our experience and have had a Toyota for over 6 years. There is the added bonus that they keep ringing with offers. Some are just a ploy to get you to move up cars but others have been good deals. We've not had a car over two years yet as they keep offering to take it back and waive the outstanding charge if we take another.

Got a new one last month after only 18 months cause they had 0% offer and wanted to shift some ready built ones. Got a better spec new one for less money!
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rich_e View Post
              Finance companies are entitled to leave a VT flag with the Credit Rating Agencies, and future finance companies are entitled to interpret that VT flag as they wish when determining whether to lend you money in future - some finance companies may have a lending criteria of not lending to people with a history of voluntary termination.
              Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Working...
              X