• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheap 4x4?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
    -lovely part of the world! I have a saily friend who keeps his boat at Chichester so Hamble is a popular stopover (was there last month).

You've got me scanning eBay for a little fishing boat now... the cruiser is great but she's on the river and I don't bother fishing for fresh-water fish, fishing for me is linked with eating and salt water is the only way (c:

Ha ha.

Totally concur regarding fishing. I target fish for the dinner table and if I'm not going to eat it, back it goes.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
      Ha ha.

Totally concur regarding fishing. I target fish for the dinner table and if I'm not going to eat it, back it goes.
      Love all sorts of fishing, although always return fish if I'm not going to eat.

If people didn't fish for sport in freshwater, it is likely pollution etc. would go unreported and we would have no fish in the rivers / lakes.
      Its bad enough that the do gooders have decided to release lots of Otters, they are hammering the rivers

Had some great fishing holding a little travel rod trolling in the Philippines....the speed the fish ripped off with it was a joy to behold.

Obviously fishing around all the little islands etc. at 4:30 AM is out of this world....

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Love all sorts of fishing,

Had some great fishing holding a little travel rod trolling in the Philippines....the speed the fish ripped off with it was a joy to behold.

Obviously fishing around all the little islands etc. at 4:30 AM is out of this world....
        I re-caught the bug after fishing in the Florida Keys on holiday every year. My best was a 7ft sailfish which made the local paper. One of the greatest days of my life landing that after a 90 mins fight.

Fish was rested and released unharmed before anyone asks.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

You can get an 2004 X5. Depends on your budget, if you increase slightly the shape changed after 2006, and new one is not that ugly. And if you can afford, go for a V8, higher fuel/insurance but plenty of power.

Comment

I re-caught the bug after fishing in the Florida Keys on holiday every year. My best was a 7ft sailfish which made the local paper. One of the greatest days of my life landing that after a 90 mins fight.

Fish was rested and released unharmed before anyone asks.
            WOW!

Nice one, yes its all about catch and release these days.
            Haven't made Florida yet, but know people that go fishing almost everyday with their own boat when I do

Malta is well worth a look too, Matt "the Tooth" Hayes has made some great films out there, worth a look
            Looks reasonably priced too.
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              WOW!

Nice one, yes its all about catch and release these days.
              Haven't made Florida yet, but know people that go fishing almost everyday with their own boat when I do
              We house share on The Keys with friends from Nashville who bring down their own boat and we sail from the door. The sailfish was with a professional skipper who took us into deep water for the day on a very serious fishing boat and it was definitely a team effort. I cannot recommend fishing down there enough. Go.

Comment

We house share on The Keys with friends from Nashville who bring down their own boat and we sail from the door.
                Flip me, what all this global warming, sea levels must be rising faster than I thought!
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Flip me, what all this global warming, sea levels must be rising faster than I thought!

Yours for around £400k.

Comment

Yours for around £400k.
                    And, it's gator hunting season (15/08 to 01/11). So you can sit on your porch with a beer and knock 'em off like a proper redneck

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                      And, it's gator hunting season (15/08 to 01/11). So you can sit on your porch with a beer and knock 'em off like a proper redneck
                      Its a war out there

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X