• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone tried the new MX5?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    He'll be getting himself a 'just turned 18' girlfriend next as well. We'll it is legal after all.
    Former pupil, 18, proposes to the 60-year-old CARETAKER of her old school at an airshow in front of thousands of stunned spectators  | Daily Mail Online

Does he drive a Mazda?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Not had a go in the new one, but I had a previous version. It was, IMO, way more fun than some of the other cars I've had a go in, which accelerate much faster. It's a bit more tail happy than, say, a Porsche Boxster S and consequently better fun to drive.

The guy I did a stunt driving course (that Mrs B bought me for my birthday) said he used to take the piss too until he actually tried one and managed to get it to go sideways pretty much around a whole race track....
      And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I've always hankered after one of these since it's cheap enough the fact it wouldn't get used much isn't so silly.

I hear there is a new version out... anyone had a go?

Are you coming out as gay ?
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          I've always hankered after one of these since it's cheap enough the fact it wouldn't get used much isn't so silly.

I hear there is a new version out... anyone had a go?
          I've seen the new one and rather like it. Nothing wrong with a MX5. I have to chuckle at a lot of contractors given it the big 'un about their motors when all they'll do is sit in traffic on the M25.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
            Not had a go in the new one, but I had a previous version. It was, IMO, way more fun than some of the other cars I've had a go in, which accelerate much faster. It's a bit more tail happy than, say, a Porsche Boxster S and consequently better fun to drive.
            This. The MX5 is the classic British sports car done right. More powerful cars are fine in Germany where you can use their speed, in the Uk where the average speed on all roads is < 50 mph, the MX5 is the perfect driver's sports car.
            Note I said driver's not poser's. Posers generally drive BMWs and Porsches that they're scared to drive above 50.

But look at the Fiat 124 too
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
              I've seen the new one and rather like it. Nothing wrong with a MX5. I have to chuckle at a lot of contractors given it the big 'un about their motors when all they'll do is sit in traffic on the M25.
              Yes good cars, though whenever you see one the owners always look thoroughly miserable. And they have a tendency to drive really slow everywhere.

New ones look ugly I think, though the reviews are mostly positive. Buy an older one; it won't be any less reliable. Or better yet, buy an S2000.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                This. The MX5 is the classic British sports car done right...
                Both can be traced back to the MG Midget/Triumph Spitfire.
                And both are based on the same chassis.
                But the Fiat has a better engine - Alfa/Fiat 1.4l multi-air.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  This. The MX5 is the classic British sports car done right. More powerful cars are fine in Germany where you can use their speed, in the Uk where the average speed on all roads is < 50 mph, the MX5 is the perfect driver's sports car.
                  Note I said driver's not poser's. Posers generally drive BMWs and Porsches that they're scared to drive above 50.

Is a Lada now

or if you mean the Barchetta then you should be aware this is LHD
                  Last edited by Wetti Big Deal Birnathi; 9 September 2016, 10:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Wetti Big Deal Birnathi View Post
                    Is a Lada now

or if you mean the Barchetta then you should be aware this is LHD
                    No, we live in 2016, the 124 is most certainly not a Lada, nor is it LHD only

https://www.fiat.co.uk/124-spider
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      Are you having a mid life crisis and looking to do the whole thing on the cheap?
                      Nah, just don't see the point spending £40k+ when every serious motoring review of the original MX5 says it's about the best driving fun you can get, and very cheap.

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      The pictures of the new one look great but when you actually see them they are tiny. Not a fan at all.
                      Smaller than the previous one?

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                      To put it all into perspective, if a bunch of dumbfeck IT related people, you only know via the internet, are taking the p*ss, it may be wise to give it a miss.
                      People here are more interested in showing off how much they spent than in knowing if it was worth the money
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X