• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wot motor yer driving?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Carwow.co.uk used to be quite good, any suggestions these days?
    BuyaCar: the easy way to get a great car deal , there are others
    Might have to wait a while though.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I just paid £700 for a run around. Goes like a dream.

I know I took pot luck.
      Good man. Nothing like a bit of bangernomics. That said, there's always something that needs doing on old motors.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
        Good man. Nothing like a bit of bangernomics. That said, there's always something that needs doing on old motors.
        As long as it costs less than £300 to get it through the MOT, persist with it. Did that for years when I was racking the miles up on a Mondeo diesel. Finally failed on emissions and managed to get £600 cash for it.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by kevpuk View Post
          Mercedes CLS 350 here, approaching 2nd birthday, and previously a XF. Gotta love these big 6 pot diesels for motorway mile munching. As for next, the (re)search has commenced and current favourites are new E class, A6/A7 or maybe - leftfield choice - Volvo S90 T8
          I like that engine we have it in an ML. I heard a rumour that they are doing a CLS400 with the new SL petrol engine in it I think I saw one in covent garden the other week but it wasn't around long enough to confirm.

But for our family
          Me SL350 - keeping it.
          Wife ML350 - might go back for a CLS next year...

Old cars not in order as such

Lots of Saabs
          93 SE - 51 style Cabrio
          95 Aero
          93 2.8 v6 Aero Cabrio
          93 a 1999 SE Convertible

TT 3.2 Dsg Convertible (killed by its ******* gear box )

P38 Range Rover Vogue
          Discovery 3 V8

Mercedes R129 SL 320
          Volvo T5

MR2 Roadster

and a crap tonne of other odd dog wagons..

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
            I like that engine we have it in an ML. I heard a rumour that they are doing a CLS400 with the new SL petrol engine in it I think I saw one in covent garden the other week but it wasn't around long enough to confirm.

But for our family
            Me SL350 - keeping it.
            Wife ML350 - might go back for a CLS next year...

Old cars not in order as such

Lots of Saabs
            93 SE - 51 style Cabrio
            95 Aero
            93 2.8 v6 Aero Cabrio
            93 a 1999 SE Convertible

TT 3.2 Dsg Convertible (killed by its ******* gear box )

P38 Range Rover Vogue
            Discovery 3 V8

Mercedes R129 SL 320
            Volvo T5

MR2 Roadster

and a crap tonne of other odd dog wagons..
            Yet you mention the MR2 Roadster
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              A Mondeo diesel..
              I had Mondeos for 15 years
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

FTFY

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                I had a conscience for 15 years, since I lost that I have always bought Jags
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  FTFY
                  They had stopped making the Capri
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Tell me none of you Mercedes owners have one of the recent models with this monstrosity in it:

I like Mercs from the outside and would love an AMG SL or a GL but those displays are hideous - look like they've stuck on a child's "my first tablet" to the dashboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Willapp View Post
                      Tell me none of you Mercedes owners have one of the recent models with this monstrosity in it:

I like Mercs from the outside and would love an AMG SL or a GL but those displays are hideous - look like they've stuck on a child's "my first tablet" to the dashboard.
                      I think there is an Audi or 2 that has the same sort of blutacked on display on the dashboard...
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X