• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Independence for London - thickos need not apply

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    I note, with interest, that Southern Portugal comes in at a low 18%. When are you off again?
    Now that explains a lot!!
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
      I note, with interest, that Southern Portugal comes in at a low 18%. When are you off again?
      Portugal would have been 43% but they took the survey while Cretin was there......

Comment

Good stuff.

Hopefully all the Wankerati will move back there then.

The ones that impose their metropolitan chauvinism on us local proles by rebranding our local market town as some kind of chi-chi, artisan capital of the South West .

They open trendy, progressive schools and put signs up declaring us s Frack Free Zone.

Under whose remit?

Complain about it and you'll get the stock answer of how the town was a quiet little backwater before the Londoners moved in.

Personally, I prefer a quiet backwater to what we have now full of yappy women called Xanthe running vintage clothes emporia and the like.

Comment

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
          Indeed. Make money in a rich economy, retire to a poor one with your loot.
          That's the secret of happiness.
          The real secret of happiness would be to retire somewhere devoid of anally-retentive little duckfarts like you.
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by The Plantswoman View Post
            Personally, I prefer a quiet backwater to what we have now full of yappy women called Xanthe running vintage clothes emporia and the like.
            Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
            Barbour clad country types will be replaced by the yapping of women with names like Xanthe and Philomena
            That's inneresting....

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
              That's inneresting....
              Got to keep you on your toes

Comment

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
                You don't need a degree to negotiate with agents. Some level of common sense and non-gullibility will usually suffice.
                That's you buggered then.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by The Plantswoman View Post
                  Good stuff.

Hopefully all the Wankerati will move back there then.

The ones that impose their metropolitan chauvinism on us local proles by rebranding our local market town as some kind of chi-chi, artisan capital of the South West .

They open trendy, progressive schools and put signs up declaring us s Frack Free Zone.

Under whose remit?

Complain about it and you'll get the stock answer of how the town was a quiet little backwater before the Londoners moved in.

You will be on your knees begging to work within this utopia when the last few overpaying contracts die out in the regions. London is the only thing left that's actually world class in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by blackeye View Post
                    You will be on your knees begging to work within this utopia when the last few overpaying contracts die out in the regions. London is the only thing left that's actually world class in the UK.
                    Why is that going to happen?

Comment

Even back in the 1990s everyone from up North who graduated went to London

Even back in the 1990s everyone from up North who graduated went to London. I applied for loads of jobs around the Manchester area and there was nothing apart from Oracle at the time and they were only pretending to Uni graduates. I went down to London before I graduated for an IT job and got the job conditionally based on my grades. The the City and big fat contractor rates, where you got treated like dirt but at least you were compensated with dosh.

Comment

Working...
                      X