• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Farage applied for German passport

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fun part about this article is not that it's probably untrue. It's the fact that Britain got screwed over by politicians of the like of Farage. And *some* understand that for a while now.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
      The fun part about this article is not that it's probably untrue. It's the fact that Britain got screwed over by politicians of the like of Farage. And *some* understand that for a while now.
      You have a strange idea of what constitutes "fun".

Comment

If Britain gets "screwed over" to quote you directly, it is because the little Adolphs in Brussels and Strasbourg need to send a very large and pointy message to the rest of Europe that they need to stand in line and get royally screwed via Brussels, not out on our own. *some* understand that fully, and thankfully we were in the majority. Get back in your playpen, and don't make a mess.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          If Britain gets "screwed over" to quote you directly, it is because the little Adolphs in Brussels and Strasbourg need to send a very large and pointy message to the rest of Europe that they need to stand in line and get royally screwed via Brussels, not out on our own. *some* understand that fully, and thankfully we were in the majority. Get back in your playpen, and don't make a mess.
          nah I'm playing along.

Sending a message is fine, and now I understand more that EU needs reforms.
          If it's not heard and UK will end up leaving the EU it will be bad. For Eu and UK (although less).

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            Germany requires residence before it will issue a passport, 8 years I think so this is bollocks.
            Five, I think, for EU citizens?
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

nah I'm playing along.

Sending a message is fine, and now I understand more that EU needs reforms.
              If it's not heard and UK will end up leaving the EU it will be bad. For Eu and UK (although less).
              Glad to hear it.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Five, I think, for EU citizens?
                Isn't his wife German though? Does that shift the goalpoasts?

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  Isn't his wife German though? Does that shift the goalpoasts?
                  Nope - need residency. I believe only (within the EU) Ireland gives out passports without residency now.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Since when did the UK leave the EU? There has been been no repeal of Article 50 yet so the UK is still a member. Don't forget that the referendum is not legally binding...
                    Before 23 June the UK's EU membership Sword of Damocles was Sheathed.

It's now drawn, raised and ready to be used to sever the membership with a single blow on the anointed day drawing closer and closer ...

Comment

Working...
                    X