• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hobbies / Crazes of Yesteryear

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    White eggs
    Actually there are still plenty of those around and Blue ones
    These were part of my last Hatch

And here are just some of the results

So now I am worried, am I being deceived, just how much sugar is really in a spoon full!

Comment

Originally posted by DallasDad View Post

Because this post has black things n white things in it must be racist or something....

Nice eggs though!

:-)

Comment

Cute!

You should have recorded them and put them on YouTube.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Oh god it's Easter already.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
            Oh god it's Easter already.
            Woo-hoo! Missed Christmas somehow! Result :-)

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
              Woo-hoo! Missed Christmas somehow! Result :-)
              So, you don't remember what you and FLC got up to at th CUK Christmas do?
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Xmas
                twice a year here.

Swmbo did a full Xmas Turkey roast a few weeks ago including Pigs in Blankets, Sprouts & Xmas pudding with Brandy butter, just for a laugh.
                So now I am worried, am I being deceived, just how much sugar is really in a spoon full!

Comment

Xmas
                  twice a year here.

Swmbo did a full Xmas Turkey roast a few weeks ago including Pigs in Blankets, Sprouts & Xmas pudding with Brandy butter, just for a laugh.
                  I knew someone who did that but went all the way with decorations, presents & all the trimmings.

Even blacked out the windows and got a portable air con unit to make it feel like a cold winters day as they toasted themselves in front of the fire.

It was 25 degrees outside...

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    Because this post has black things n white things in it must be racist or something....

Nice eggs though!

:-)
                    Well the white(ish) ones were sex linked hybrids so I knew they would all turn out to be Boys so they were all given coloured rings and named after Curries
                    Korma (Yellow Curry) is the only one of his 5 brothers to survive he is now the current flock alpha.

The two black ones were also boys in fact all these were.

They were all very tasty.

Anyway getting semi sort of back on topic
                    Chicken keeping is a relatively post war pastime takeover thing, before WWII it was equally common to find Duck eggs for sale.
                    The buggers are less obliging though dropping their eggs anywhere.

Duck Eggs are fantastic in Cakes there are 6 in the one below but bloody horrible (odd texture) when scrambled!

Comment

Working...
                    X