• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breakfast Brexit Merge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    But Michael Gove? Ask some teachers what they think of him.
    Yeah, the bastard, trying to improve standards and all that. Just imagine. How dare he.

Comment

Tony Blair on Sky News looks like he's going to start crying any minute, could this day get any better?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
        Yeah, the bastard, trying to improve standards and all that. Just imagine. How dare he.
        He certainly deserves 9/10 for effort.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          It's going to be Boris with Govey as Chancellor, obviously, and everybody will soon wish they'd kept Osbourne.
          Dry your eyes mate, and pick up all those toys and put them back in your pram before someone scuffs a jackboot!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

FTSE100 and GBP/Euro rates have already recovered 35% of their big drops in the early hours and both are rising fast -
            could be back to June 23 16:30 values by end of play (or even higher !)

Seems that no Armageddon occurred, no emergency budget will be needed .. it's just a little abnormal trading due to a huge news event !

Comment

Dave's biggest mistake was not to knock back the renegotiations as it made him look soft. He could have got more by being more aggressive which would have resulted in a remain vote.

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
                Seems that no Armageddon occurred, no emergency budget will be needed .. it's just a little abnormal trading due to a huge news event !

When do the dinosaurs come back to eat us and we all die of plague and cancer? Is that today, or sometime next week?

Or, was that all lies and scaremongering?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Don't you think you should have asked those questions before the vote?

You'll now join the 'all passports' queue at the airport. A visa for holidays in the EU (that'll cost you). Flights to the EU will become more expensive (as £ crashes).

Yes a lot will change.
                  I did ask questions before voting and to be honest the effect on holidaying wasn't my primary concern. Just to be clear though I voted remain.

I'm interested that after all the rhetoric from both sides, whether that when reality bites what will really significantly change in terms of the rhetoric, if that makes sense?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    Dave's biggest mistake was not to knock back the renegotiations as it made him look soft. He could have got more by being more aggressive which would have resulted in a remain vote.
                    Totally agree. To pretend that his settlement was anything other than a token was risible.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      Then you should consider a move to Scotland. Help us build the wall.
                      I already live in Scotland, have done since 2000, and for the record voted for independence. Oh I'm English to boot

Comment

Working...
                      X