• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is Farage helping or hindering Leave?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think yes, maybe Nige is hindering leave now. To my mind, he had a subtle image change just before the last general election. Went from chatty pub goer to angry man somehow. Apparently on the advice of some spin doctor.

He's still capable of playing a blinder though, such as on the river Thames the other day. He was good humoured and convincing. In clear contrast to Bob Geldof (in a much higher, posher boat) and his (apparently) port swigging, gold iPhone toting, sneering pals. You could almost see Bob's Rolex as he stuck up two fingers a the sacked fishermen. (Just how it appeared, not reality)

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      That Beeching chap has a lot to answer for.
      Yes, what a rip off. All that overpriced powder is nothing but aspirin and caffeine!
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Keep in mind its Farage who "sits" on the EU fishery committee and who only bothered to attend something like 1 in 40 meetings. So who was sticking two fingers up ? The guy in power or the guy out of power to make change ?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          It makes it look like Nigel is at the front of the queue for UK handouts...

You mean he's a politician.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Farage attends EU meetings poorly because he is agin' Britain's membership. I think Bob's livelihood has not been negatively impacted by Britain's EU membership, and the fishermens' has. It was Bob who was sticking two fingers up.

I like both Bob and Farage.

Comment

I appreciate he does have a "Marmite" effect. I've met him on several occasions and in person he is genuinely likeable.

Two things:

Unlike most politicians he genuinely believes what he says.

If it wasn't for Nige there wouldn't be a referendum.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

TBH the poster is right on the edge of acceptability, and when combined with the shooting in Orlando, the stabbing in Paris, and the shooting/stabbing yesterday in Yorkshire; it really highlights the negatives of extremism.

The killing of the MP is outrageous and shocking, and clearly the attacked was mentally ill, and a hardline fascist.

All of this makes me thing a mood change will make people tick the remain box. Honestly I think that this lone nutter in Yorkshire is going to swing it.

Shame really, I was looking forwards to the rebirth of our nation from the shackles of non democracy.
                http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                  TBH the poster is right on the edge of acceptability, and when combined with the shooting in Orlando, the stabbing in Paris, and the shooting/stabbing yesterday in Yorkshire; it really highlights the negatives of extremism.

The killing of the MP is outrageous and shocking, and clearly the attacked was mentally ill, and a hardline fascist.

All of this makes me thing a mood change will make people tick the remain box. Honestly I think that this lone nutter in Yorkshire is going to swing it.

Shame really, I was looking forwards to the rebirth of our nation from the shackles of non democracy.
                  PG did you post that in the wring thread. There is another discussing the refugee poster (?)

Oops no, my mistake Can't seem to delete this now.
                  Last edited by unixman; 17 June 2016, 11:02.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post

If it focuses minds... If it improves the dialogue of both campaigns... and if the people make a decision based on more facts and less FUD and hate... Then that would be a good thing... in or out...

Currently we are going out based on a lot of lies, a lot of FUD and a lot of hate... and that is sad...

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
                      PG did you post that in the wring thread. There is another discussing the refugee poster (?)
                      Well I am an idiot according to the Mods.
                      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                      X