• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Naughty Ruskies get suspended disqualification

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naughty Ruskies get suspended disqualification

And 29 deported.

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    And 29 deported.
    I'm telling you, the ducks are being set up to take the 2018 WC away from Russia!!

I hope they kick off again, get kicked out and England gets the 2018 WC like it should have done in the first place before Blatter took his bungs.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      I'm telling you, the ducks are being set up to take the 2018 WC away from Russia!!

I hope they kick off again, get kicked out and England gets the 2018 WC like it should have done in the first place before Blatter took his bungs.
      I think you have got Blatter all wrong...
      http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...t-shocker.html
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Russia should never have got past the first stage of the bidding process, they have a blatant culture of racism (certainly among football fans), and their Ultras will have free license to take on whoever they want. The police will do nothing. About 10 years ago, I was offered the chance to go to go to CSKA Moscow v Arsenal, was getting ready to book it all up, when the guy who sat next to me said he'd been a couple of years earlier with Chelsea, and it was carnage. All the Moscow teams fans gang up, especially when there's an English team in town. The best you can hope from the police is that they will try and identify your body. Needless to say, I declined to go, and saved myself over a grand. And quite possibly my life.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          Russia should never have got past the first stage of the bidding process, they have a blatant culture of racism (certainly among football fans), and their Ultras will have free license to take on whoever they want. The police will do nothing. About 10 years ago, I was offered the chance to go to go to CSKA Moscow v Arsenal, was getting ready to book it all up, when the guy who sat next to me said he'd been a couple of years earlier with Chelsea, and it was carnage. All the Moscow teams fans gang up, especially when there's an English team in town. The best you can hope from the police is that they will try and identify your body. Needless to say, I declined to go, and saved myself over a grand. And quite possibly my life.
          That would have been the 1st leg match in the champions league. The Arse went down 1-0, no reports of any violence on or off the pitch as I recall. I think you may be overplaying the threat a little.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            I went to a Dynamo game 2004, against some other Russian team, stadium had massive floodlights. Hardly anyone there...

I think it's fair to say at this point I've been to Russia and mostly Moscow first onto somewhere else ten times or so and never been in any bother at all. But i have seen a lot of racism and homophobia even in young people, even if it's just mumbled tutting and disgusted looks at the only black man in Chelyabinsk.....
            Last edited by stek; 14 June 2016, 13:24.

Comment

I hope they kick off again, get kicked ....
              That's probably England's best chance of getting out of the groups.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                That would have been the 1st leg match in the champions league. The Arse went down 1-0, no reports of any violence on or off the pitch as I recall. I think you may be overplaying the threat a little.
                That's because Arsenal lost

Conditional disqualification ONLY if problems kick out inside the stadium.

Comment

<tin foil hat>What if this is all part of the campaign to take the world cup away from Russia and the thugs were paid by John McCain?</tin foil hat>
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                    <tin foil hat>What if this is all part of the campaign to take the world cup away from Russia and the thugs were paid by John McCain?</tin foil hat>
                    It is part of that, only thugs paid by Putin - he got no money left to pay for many new stadiums.

Comment

Working...
                    X