• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help with technical trading terms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bet on Brexit in euros

Bet on Bremain in sterling

Calculate arb =win

Minted

Comment

If you want to trade Brexit make sure you look up the terms "margin call" and "guaranteed stop loss" and "negative balance protection".

Brexit could be another EUR/CHF or DJIA 'fat finger' event where price could go against you so violently that your stop doesn't mean anything and you end up not just blowing your antire account but with a negative balance and owing your broker money... Have a read of this :

How Switzerland made Alpari UK Insolvent in 2015

Some brokers tried to recover negative balances from thier clients without success, so they have since introduced clauses making customers liable to repay negative balances in the event of something like this...

That's the risk if using a trading account for Brexit - alternatively just go down the bookies instead

And the smart money will know the result in advance
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Not checked the markets but I imagine they're ranging. Wouldn't Owly want a breakout trade, like a short straddle?
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
        X