• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thinking of buying a Bosch appliance?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indesit? So you bought a Hotpoint! :lol:

You could have swapped you Bosch for a Siemens or Neff.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I love Borscht, it's very healthy apart from the pig's knuckle.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        For the Love Of God, don't...
        Why?
        My Bosch dishwasher is 10 years old still works as well as day 1. Tumbledryer is 15 yrs old and going strong.

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
          Why?
          My Bosch dishwasher is 10 years old still works as well as day 1. Tumbledryer is 15 yrs old and going strong.
          Our Bosch dishwasher is 15 years and still going fine. We gave up on their washing machines though after 3 needed replacing in those same 15 years.
          England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Never found any German stuff to be any good. Battery charger with 3mm thin plastic bits that broke, hair dryer with inadequately fixed switch that came loose, shaver a with shoddy foil thing that came off. Had an old van with a dodgy gear rod that kept detaching, the gearbox was German made. Worked at a power station once and the control system was by a German company. They were fannying around with it way over schedule. Maybe I've just been unlucky, but I tend to avoid German products like the plague.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Never found any German stuff to be any good. Battery charger with 3mm thin plastic bits that broke, hair dryer with inadequately fixed switch that came loose, shaver a with shoddy foil thing that came off. Had an old van with a dodgy gear rod that kept detaching, the gearbox was German made. Worked at a power station once and the control system was by a German company. They were fannying around with it way over schedule. Maybe I've just been unlucky, but I tend to avoid German products like the plague.
              So you're still driving that Morris Marina then
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

The chief exec for Miele was on TV the other month I had not realised that they were German. Either way he was saying that they try and hold parts for their stuff for quite some time which means its quite possible to buy their stuff and still be able to repair it 10 years down the road or more.

I don't mind paying out if its going to be a reparable item.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  For the Love Of God, don't...
                  For the love of Satan, do....

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                    The chief exec for Miele was on TV the other month I had not realised that they were German. Either way he was saying that they try and hold parts for their stuff for quite some time which means its quite possible to buy their stuff and still be able to repair it 10 years down the road or more.

I don't mind paying out if its going to be a reparable item.
                    This.
                    I hate throwaway items, buy well, pay what it costs and enjoy owning it. I don't own much, but it will always be top quality.
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Miele or Beko.

Either go high end and high cost, or go low cost and save for a replacement.
                      Have to replace the house if it's a Beko washer or tumble drier.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X