• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Top Gear with Chris Evans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a die-hard TG fan I thought I'd give it a go.

Don't like Evans presenting technique of shouting and pleading with the audience to applaud when he thought they should. Didn't like the way they used some of the old TG "signatures" ("Some say..." is just Clarkson's, and when Le Blanc broke down and Evans shunted him up the rear), I just thought they were copying too much of the old TG.

And how do they expect us to believe that Evans could out manoeuver Sabine Schmitz? Not a chance.

The only thing I liked was the new star in a reasonably priced car, with the added off-road sections. And Matt Le Blanc was ok.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      You think on those road trips they didn't have a backup team of mechanics and just filmed May and Hammond looking into the engine bay every now and again?
      Top Gear has always been about looking into the engine bay.

Taking a break from contracting

Comment

As someone who thought the last set of cretins were terrible the 5 minutes that I watched of this lot were just as bad.

Chris Evans is a chronic presenter, he gets away with it on self selecting audiences but when it goes national it's car crash. Does he still have that bit on the morning show where he interviews a child for 5 minutes? Feckin terrible.

Should never have been given the gig for this.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          Chris Evans is a chronic presenter, he gets away with it on self selecting audiences but when it goes national it's car crash. Does he still have that bit on the morning show where he interviews a child for 5 minutes? Feckin terrible.
          Well, it's a car show, so relevant!

Did not bother watching as I hate knob Clarkson and that moves over to Top Gear overall.

I do like Chris Harris though, this damn show made him stop making youtube videoes

Comment

The bit I did see was them doing that race part with the minis. Evans doing a little pathetic "yeahhh" anytime they landed in the puddle was cringing.

If they had taken the off road concept and got some reasonably safe forestry commission land to do it on then it would have worked. Just changing the old course was lame.

Comment

OK, still watching it, but I'm enjoying "Extra Gear" more than the main show. It's not Clarkson et al, but it is entertaining and about cars. No silly "challenges", just blokes talking about cars.
              Worth watching, I think
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

On 5th episode now, watching it but it is lacking. Chris is seriously annoying, mainly his voice which is ironic for a radio star Out of everyone Matt is the best one, I find his remarks clever and has great charisma. The show is too much of a 1.5 presenters rather than 3 presenters, however if you put together every minor presenter they have the united nations of presenters.

Curious to see the new Amazon show The Grand Tour see if it is any better, TGT vs TG

Comment

Chris Evans is stepping down, not sure if its the poor audience numbers or the report of being investigated for sexual assault in the 1990's
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I think Nigel Farage would be a great replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      Chris Evans is stepping down, not sure if its the poor audience numbers or the report of being investigated for sexual assault in the 1990's
                      It's the sexual assault.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X