• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

how can apple samsung justify their prices ?????????

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, the old "Why does a Maserati cost more than a Trabant?" debate starts up again

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Ah, the old "Why does a Maserati cost more than a Trabant?" debate starts up again
      I remember doing a Quality Auditing course and he started off asking us why the Trabant was a quality product. We all fell about laughing until he explained it and it made sense. Quite interesting when you think of it from meeting requirements perspective.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by unemployed View Post
        Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 - Full phone specifications

just picked up one of these for £140

nearly 80k antutu score
        Quality isn't cheap.

Comment

custom roms are available, cyanogenmod will be soon. So updates for life.

it`s the best bang for buck phone out there

"According to IDC, in October 2014 Xiaomi was the third largest smartphone maker in the world, following Samsung and Apple Inc., and followed by Lenovo and LG. Xiaomi became the largest smartphone vendor in China in 2014, having overtaken Samsung, according to an IDC report."
          I can't be arsed buggering about with custom ROMS. I want decent tools to do the job properly. Maybe if I was benched or on a really badly paying gig. Even then I'd probably prefer to spend my time doing something more interesting....
          And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
            Quality isn't cheap.
            No, but with Samsung and Apple it's quality 50% of the price and marketing the other 50%

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
              Quality isn't cheap.

Depends what your interpretation of quality is

Comment

Depends what your interpretation of quality is
                Apple, Rolex, Mercedes, Waitrose....

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
                  I can't be arsed buggering about with custom ROMS. I want decent tools to do the job properly. Maybe if I was benched or on a really badly paying gig. Even then I'd probably prefer to spend my time doing something more interesting....
                  you don`t need to , there is a worldwide xiaomi rom .

more interesting ? like posting on CUK

Comment

not me
                    Don't you have to be unemployed AND on the dole to be able to afford IPhone? Sign up asap.
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      I remember doing a Quality Auditing course and he started off asking us why the Trabant was a quality product. We all fell about laughing until he explained it and it made sense. Quite interesting when you think of it from meeting requirements perspective.
                      Not too long after the wall came down and people started coming over to the west in their Trabants and driving on the Autobahn where even the crappiest car goes twice the speed of a Trabant, there was an almighty accident near where I live involving a Mclaren and a Trabant. Only one was drive-able afterwards.... They're still pieces of tulip mind you (sorry, compressed toilet roll, normally the colour of used compressed toilet paper.)
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X