• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice Needed: Which Mountain Biking Sat Nav

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    Update:

thanks to Dave's help I settled on the Edge 1000.

Prepared the business case and presented the capital expenditure request to the Board (Mrs)

who promptly rejected the request stating that until items #x, #y, #z are completed
    around Chateau Benes, there won't be any funds available for toys like this

Milan.
    Sounds very sensible. Always good to have bosses like that.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Update:

thanks to Dave's help I settled on the Edge 1000.

Prepared the business case and presented the capital expenditure request to the Board (Mrs)

who promptly rejected the request stating that until items #x, #y, #z are completed
      around Chateau Benes, there won't be any funds available for toys like this

Milan.

What? What does one of these things cost? Thousands?

Why didn't you just buy it? Why does it need consultation?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
        What? What does one of these things cost? Thousands?

Why didn't you just buy it? Why does it need consultation?
        He likes his balls...
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Edge Explore 1000

Article from the ever reliable DC Rainmaker on Edge Explore 1000 vs. Edge 1000

Garmin releases new Edge Explore 1000 Edition: Tells your friends when you crash into a ditch | DC Rainmaker

Re Speed and cadence sensors. I believe that the Edge defaults to using GPS for speed, so speed sensor only relevant for turbo training / indoor cycling.

With my paired android phone, crash detection doesn't remember preferred number for emergency contact, so have to redo every time, which sends a text to recipient every time!

Also you'll need a compatible Heart Rate monitor. I found my old one didn't work with Edge Explore 1000 and annoying you can't take HR from a Garmin watch and send to Edge.

(Owner of too many Garmin devices, none of which her indoors approved ;-)
          Last edited by DeadEyedJacks; 20 May 2016, 13:20.

Comment

Morning All,

it's time to get a sat nav for the mountain biking.

Which one of these shall I get:

https://buy.garmin.com/en-GB/GB/cata...Product=143677

Milan.
            Just ride your ******* bike, For ****'s Sake!

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by RetSet View Post
              Just ride your ******* bike, For ****'s Sake!

HTH
              And take your litter with you, stick to the bike trails, look out for walkers and show a bit of respect for the countryside.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Currently an "ending soon" 13% discount at Evans with IPSE Advantages (if you're a member) - might add to the business case for getting now rather than later!

Comment

Originally posted by adubya View Post
                  * quality/detail of the OSM data does vary of course!
                  If you find issues with the data, you could help the project out by submitting fixes - that's what the "open" bit means

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    If you find issues with the data, you could help the project out by submitting fixes - that's what the "open" bit means
                    Oh I do. But I'm not about to mount a surveying expedition to remote Highland mountains to fill in the void

Comment

Working...
                    X