• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Places to contract in if Brexit destroys the economy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
    Sorry SAS, I thought it was a serious thread ...
    It is, for some people.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

I thought you'd flounced?
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        I remember the > £100 for a 3 burgers meal for 3 people. Ok they were "posh" burgers in a restaurant, not fast food, but FFS
        Anyway I wonder what the price of food will be like in the UK after Brexit - a lot of our cheap food comes form the continent and we're not self-sufficient.
        Ok so after Brexit - all food suppliers in Europe will

a) Stop selling food to us and enjoy a loss of profits?
        b) continue to sell food to us at the same price?
        c) Be restricted by EU rules from selling food to us at the same price?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

given fall in currency value it will increase food price. Which will hit inflation and your mortgage repayments. and immigration will be slown so not only you will starve, you won't have anyone to rent to, but you will go default and live under the bridge. Mortgage loses will ruin banks and people will lose their savings. That will lead to catastrophic consequences and russian invasion.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

d) cut prices because we can get our food cheaper elsewhere
            FTFY
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

My personal favourite would be Switzerland
              Not in the EU .... I see
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

My personal favourite would be Switzerland, as I've lived and worked there before, am used to it and have family there. Either Zurich or Basel.
                Second would be the Nordic region.
                Third would be Germany, but only Berlin, Cologne or other big city - provincial Germany is deadly dull.
                And Lastly France, but there you would have to speak French and Im too old to learn
                Anywhere abroad will be great, getting a few Turkish Liras by begging will provide years of luxury life for your family in Britain.

You've heard it on here first.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                X