• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I went on holiday last week

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FTFY
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Back Sunday, clothes in the wash yesterday, back to the airport today.

Mr Charity me.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Mr Jetsetter me.
      And then the alarm rang?

Comment

Mr Jetsetter me.
        I've always suspected that you were the emperor without clothes

Comment

When I came back I had more money than before I left as I earned more money for that week off than I spent on it.

Ah. Permiedom. Paid holidays
          On the other hand, had you worked as a contractor when you were younger (I'm assuming you've always been perm) you would have earned more and saved more. This accumulated nest egg invested in shares would have provided dividend income that might have paid a greater amount* than the cost of your holiday during the week.

*I'm not there yet

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
            On the other hand, had you worked as a contractor when you were younger (I'm assuming you've always been perm)t
            He was once a contractor, but was never COTBAC

As NLUK says, he pissed in his pants after not being able to find the second contract and then bailed out to permiedom.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
              On the other hand, had you worked as a contractor when you were younger (I'm assuming you've always been perm) you would have earned more and saved more. This accumulated nest egg invested in shares would have provided dividend income that might have paid a greater amount* than the cost of your holiday during the week.

*I'm not there yet
              <place holder for MF to sprout off about how great a contractor he was>

The one thing thing he has always been is a total chunt.

HTH
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

HTH
                You mean, the one always getting pleasure?

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  <place holder for MF to sprout off about how great a contractor he was>

HTH
                  I am the ULTIMATE contractor. I am a god among contractors. I piss more experience than the vast majority of contractors have ever had. 39 gigs in 22 years, interview to offer almost 100%.

I have ascended from contracting to being a Snr Executive with all of the trappings and money that brings, and technically could stop and retire at any time now.

I'm just a little bit too young and frankly I'd get bored.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I'm full of piss and have been kicked off more sites than the vast majority of contractors have ever had. 39 sites in 22 years, almost never completed a project successfully.

I technically could stop and retire at any time now because I am a multimillionaire property mogul, if you exclude the fact that everything I "own" is interest only with the bank and I've no idea how I'll pay it back.

I'm just a little bit too much of a fantasist and frankly I wouldn't know reality if it ripped my arm off and slapped me round the face with the soggy end

FTFY
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I am the ULTIMATE contractor. I am a god among contractors. I piss more experience than the vast majority of contractors have ever had. 39 gigs in 22 years, interview to offer almost 100%.

I have ascended from contracting to being a Snr Executive with all of the trappings and money that brings, and technically could stop and retire at any time now.

I'm just a little bit too young and frankly I'd get bored.
                      No lack of self confidence then!

At risk of being ridiculed for asking a serious question, do you have:
                      1. A genuine passion for IT, and/or
                      2. High self discipline, and/or
                      3. High ability?

Comment

Working...
                      X