• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sorry...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
    Fees:
    According to http://www.highya.com/gofundme-reviews

"they take nearly 8% of donations"
    "Fees were outrageous and unacceptable"
    "17% -- that is what this web site has charged in fees"
    "We never saw a penny. It was almost impossible to get any withdrawal of the funds."
    "They take so much money from your campaign! "
    "Great Concept - Fees Off the Chart!"

Scams:
    "Man Allegedly Keeps Crowdfunding Money Raised in Sick Baby's Name"
    "I saw one the other day looking for help on immigration fees"
    "Created by people that I know who I know have money, but have chosen to spend it irresponsibly"
    "wants to study abroad so she set up a GFMe account to help pay for it..She shops all day every day..drives a brand new car"

Summary:
    Site legit but
    a) Takes huge cut of all donations in fees
    b) Rife with fake, exaggerated and taking-the-p*** campaigns
    All in they take 6.4% in fees in the UK.

With regards to the authenticity.. If you doubt it, don't donate (I expect most won't). It's quite simple really.
    Last edited by Snarf; 4 May 2016, 17:20.

Comment

And over £400 raised in the last hour. I'd be surprised if any of those weren't CUKKERs.

This is NOT an endorsement.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        And over £400 raised in the last hour. I'd be surprised if any of those weren't CUKKERs. This is NOT an endorsement.
        An hour of legal work should be covered...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          An hour of legal work should be covered...
          Yes, the "please fill in this form for an hour whilst I look out of the window" bit.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            At least he's not claiming to have run a marathon.
            Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Maybe he should have. No sucker would fall for that......
            Cynical lot.

"Who's that gut lord marching? You should cut down on your porklife mate, get some exercise"
            Last edited by redgiant; 4 May 2016, 18:59.

Comment

Originally posted by redgiant View Post
              Cynical lot.

"Who's that gut lord marching? You should cut down on your porklife mate, get some exercise"
              Then you donate.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Snarf View Post
                Quite right to be sceptical - I would be too. I know its an anonymous forum and none of you actually know me (though I *think* I may have worked with NLUK before (amey?)) that's why I apologised for the post.

I forgot that the CUK forum was full of dicks.. One day I'll learn.
                Good pitch....

Comment

Post a picture of his wife. Thread is worthless without one?
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

What is truly sickening is this concept of just give me some cash and I'll overturn the decision of the appointed competent authorities and the US Legal System.

My mate Mike frittered away getting on for £20,000 on divorce lawyers' fees. He couldn't get it that the Law is the Law. Arguing and tons of cash are not going to change that (*). So many people think their opinion, or the opinion of some set of relatives etc, makes any difference whatsoever. There's no voting. It's not the Eurovision Song Contest. Mothers tend to get custody.

(* Unless you're O J Simpson of course...)
                    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post

(* Unless you're O J Simpson of course...)
                      Actually in the US you don't need to be OJ Simpson you just need to be stinking rich and ensure it's not the IRS after you.

Anyway if the kid was born in the US and the judge decrees the mother is fit to look after the kid, then that is where the kid stays.

In short if you marry a foreign citizen choose their country of origin wisely, and choose where your children are born wisely.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X