• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should Disney make Elsa a Lesbian Princess?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    James Bond is a fictional character so anyone can play him.

It would be funny for him to have a sex change though....
    1: No - that's not how Fleming wrote him so fook off changing the franchise to suit some PC whim
    In regards to Frozen 2 if Disney knew they could get more money from the pink pound then I wouldn't be surprised if they made a lesbian princess.
    2:With only 6 % of the population it would be surprising if Disney risked their bottom line in alienating the 94% - would you buy your 5 year old a lesbian themed lunch box to take to school?

3:You're a girl
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Yeah but how many men would watch a film with lesbians in... They aren't daft you know....
      Lesbians.... yes...

A single Lesbian.... no...
      Last edited by dx4100; 4 May 2016, 09:29.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        On the one hand, we're not supposed to be concerned about people's sexuality, and on the other, we have to count the percentages in order to ensure they're fairly represented?

I don't understand the modern obsession with sexual identity.
        This ^ perfectly sums it up

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          They're allowing families to save up ready to buy all the franchise stuff that goes along with the film.

Hth.
          The original stuff is still making £££s.... Why rush the new film when the old tulip still sells well....

Comment

James Bond is a fictional character so anyone can play him.

It would be funny for him to have a sex change though....

In regards to Frozen 2 if Disney knew they could get more money from the pink pound then I wouldn't be surprised if they made a lesbian princess.
            You're crazier than I thought.

Comment

Actually a bisexual Bond would be entirely in keeping with the persona, translated into modern times where it is seen as normal rather than disgusting. This would probably work far better than picking a black Bond; not that there's any reason he can't be black but at this point it would be done for its own sake.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Where does this 6% come from? I would have thought the proportion of people who have some gender/sexual identity other than "I am a straight man/woman" is higher, gender identity is a very fast-moving issue right now it seems.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Where does this 6% come from? I would have thought the proportion of people who have some gender/sexual identity other than "I am a straight man/woman" is higher, gender identity is a very fast-moving issue right now it seems.
                  Something you want to share, d000gh
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Actually a bisexual Bond would be entirely in keeping with the persona, translated into modern times where it is seen as normal rather than disgusting. This would probably work far better than picking a black Bond; not that there's any reason he can't be black but at this point it would be done for its own sake.
                    Come on! Doesn't anyone remember Skyfall?

"What makes you think it's my first?"
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Integrated Household Survey, January to December 2014: Experimental Statistics - ONS

http://web.ons.gov.uk/ons/dcp171778_418136.pdf

about 7% answered anything other than "straight"

edit: up from 5% in 2010 http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11398629

Comment

Working...
                      X