• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pavement parking Ban

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
    That article is BS I got PCN 62 in the 90s which is for parking with wheels other than on the carriageway. It's just not been consistently enforced.
    Parking Fines and Lines > Contravention Zone > Code 62
    The story is vague waffly speculation leading up to something lifted from the Daily Mail, which in turn is a vague waffly quote from an unnamed official at the Department of Transport. It's vague waffles all the way down

Comment

would be better if they actually enforced parking on yellow etc lines.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        How the developers get away with this is mind boggling.

Comment

I live on a main road in Devon, right on the outskirts of a town and the pavement is about 2-3m wide and I cant remember the last time someone needing all that width walked by.

The police however have left warning notes when visitors have parked half on half off, it leaves only 1.5m, even a wheelchair or a double buggy could get through.

No fines as yet.
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

I've never had a problem with my car.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
              I live on a main road in Devon, right on the outskirts of a town and the pavement is about 2-3m wide and I cant remember the last time someone needing all that width walked by.

The police however have left warning notes when visitors have parked half on half off, it leaves only 1.5m, even a wheelchair or a double buggy could get through.

No fines as yet.
              MF hasn't been down your way?
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
                Pavement parking should be the exception, not the rule (as it is in London). So fully support this, roads that are genuinely too narrow to support it can have marked bays painted on the pavement.
                Like Germany:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Where am I going to park my classic MiG....?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    would be better if they actually enforced parking on yellow etc lines.
                    I thought yellow lines were to enforce no parking?

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
                      Pretty sure its only illegal (or a civil offence, not sure) in London.
                      It's been enforced in London boroughs for some years, elsewhere it seems to be randomly enforced for example Trafford in Manchester list it.
                      Parking contraventions

Comment

Working...
                      X