• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What world do you live in?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What world do you live in?

Just wondering what world you guys live in? Are you in touch with reality or has your daily rate got the better of you?

Asking as I spotted a thread slamming a daily rate of £330 - roughly £80k a year - which is at the very least £50k take home pay a year. Is it really that bad? Do you know the average UK salary?

Cheers

My butler will provide my response shortly.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      My butler will provide my response shortly.
      I thought you sacked him for giving you grapefruit for breakfast instead of a fry up?

Comment

Originally posted by genius View Post
        Just wondering what world you guys live in? Are you in touch with reality or has your daily rate got the better of you?

Asking as I spotted a thread slamming a daily rate of £330 - roughly £80k a year - which is at the very least £50k take home pay a year. Is it really that bad? Do you know the average UK salary?

Cheers
        Ah....genius

Hardly 80k a year, if the contract goes belly up, after a week, then you don't work for 6 months, is it?

You have a hell of a lot more to learn.

HTH

Love NLUK'S Butler
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Contractors spend time out of work. Amortize it eqivalent to losing 2 months a year.

Then subtract hotel bills, then 10% for holidays, then 1% for sick, then £2000 accountancy fees.

and take it from there.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            Ah....genius

Hardly 80k a year, if the contract goes belly up, after a week, then you don't work for 6 months, is it?

You have a hell of a lot more to learn.
            He's just trolling. He knows better than this as he has rather badly proved in the professional areas. He was happy enough to splurge his numbers despite it being rubbish.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              He's just trolling. He knows better than this as he has rather badly proved in the professional areas. He was happy enough to splurge his numbers despite it being rubbish.
              Seems like a total Bell end wherever he posts, in fact that may be more suitable as his user name.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by genius View Post

Cheers
                I pay more than that to the hookers I use

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                  I pay more than that to the hookers I use
                  Those hip replacements aren't cheap, are they?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    Those hip replacements aren't cheap, are they?
                    Good one you chunt

Comment

Working...
                    X