• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brains / IQ and wealth

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brains / IQ and wealth

Prompted by something assguru said, I've never found that intelligence leads to wealth.

I've worked with lots of very intelligent permies on £35k a year and I know property developers that can barely string a sentence together, that look like this:

That are millionaires with all the trappings.

So my argument is, intelligence has very little to do with economic success in the UK.

Yours,

The millionaire DimPrawn

From my dealings with directors of multinational companies - all of them incredibly wealthy -most of them were in the position due to who they knew. Of the ones who'd come up from relatively humble origins, many were just very good politically. A small minority were super smart.

Academia is awash with clever people who don't earn much.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

There is a well known correlation between IQ and Income, where the smarter you are, the more you earn.

In terms of IQ versus Wealth though. it's all over the place.

https://thesocietypages.org/socimage...me-and-wealth/
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        So my argument is, intelligence has very little to do with economic success in the UK.
        The pursuit of truth has many riches, accumulating money isn't one of them.

w.r.t. to intelligence, left leaning liberals are more aware of economics than their right leaning counterparts. Which is something the left know, which makes it doubly annoying.
        Last edited by scooterscot; 23 March 2016, 11:34.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          The pursuit of truth has many riches, accumulating money isn't one of them.
          I want to be one of those miserable rich people who can tell everyone money doesn't make you happy.

Comment

Research has shown a strong correlation between IQ and religion.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              I want to be one of those miserable rich people who can tell everyone money doesn't make you happy.
              Happiness is a choice.

Comment

You can do enormous good with money and gain huge amounts of self gratification doing it (Bill Gates).

Or you can be a selfish tulip.
                http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Research has shown a strong correlation between IQ and religion.

Thickos believe in imaginary supernatural beings?

Comment

IQ has nothing to do with being rich.
                    Being rich involves persistence, connections , take action at the right time and lots of luck.

Comment

Working...
                    X