• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well behaved children welcome

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Middle class parents leave the children with nanny when they go shopping.
    I thought they left them in the hotel room while they went for tapas?
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Only if they are sedated first.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Reminds me of the time I took baby bp on a plane. He was aged 5 - but the size of a 7 year old. While getting on he totally freaked - screamed at the top of his lungs. I wrestled him into the plane. Most passengers covered their ears.

I nearly said "apologies he is autistic". But people should learn a bit of tolerance. People without disabled kids can be so smug. Autism is war - and if a child has it the whole family has it.
        Yep agreed. I've come to the conclusion that a lot of people tut and shake their heads for the smallest thing no matter what you try to do... the type of people who prefer if children are seen and not heard. Just ignore them and carry on. No doubt they popped into this world as fully grown (and intolerant) adults.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Who had 51 posts in the sweepstake? Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            On a camping trip last year I was playing petanque with the kids and one of the other camper's little darlings climbed through my legs as I was mid bowl and punched me in my left nut as hard as he could. I was visibly in pain and distress, and had a dull ache for several days later.
            That made me laugh. Sorry.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

So if (hypothetically) the complaint in JL was that toddler throwing a paddy (not disabled AFAIK) is distressing a disabled child who suffers from anxiety, what should the JL staff do?
              Administer a sharp slap on the legs to both children, then send them on their way.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                Who had 51 posts in the sweepstake? Anyone?
                TF did.

Comment

Where should he have sex with your toddler then?
                  Wherever you want. That's just my name for Mrs LM after a bottle of wine. Mainly because she can't walk properly after and also because she's had a bottle of wine.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    Come to cloggers and you'll find its far worse.
                    I thought in cloggers all the children had been sold for snuff movies?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Reminds me of the time I took baby bp on a plane. He was aged 5 - but the size of a 7 year old. While getting on he totally freaked - screamed at the top of his lungs. I wrestled him into the plane. Most passengers covered their ears.

I nearly said "apologies he is autistic". But people should learn a bit of tolerance. People without disabled kids can be so smug. Autism is war - and if a child has it the whole family has it.
                      Agreed. When my daughter does dance performances etc. then we make set of leaflets for her explaining her quirks and ask her to hand one to the supervising grownups. Other times we just have to handle it whichever way works e.g. she used to go mad if people starting singing "Happy Birthday" or giving a wedding speech because she knew people would clap after it so I had to take her out of the room.
                      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                      X