• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Generation spent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Intel View Post
    Sounds fab I did something similar a few years ago when I validated my Oz residency visa and spent a couple of months travelling. Cost me a fortune.

I'm betting you're not spending every last penny you have on it though??
    Around 15 years contracting, have spent around 1.5 years travelling during that time .
    You would be a winner sir, have around 200K to play with and and a nice chunky contract, through a friend, hopefully, waiting for my return
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      Reading this thread should be a reminder to smell the roses along the way. As some of you already know, I have just started out on a 2 month break. Currently sprawled out recovering from one of the best Chinese meals of my life, in a fantastic hotel, in Hong Kong. There won't be any change out of 20k by the time of are done, but worth every penny imo. You can't spend it when you are dead and I don't want that horrible oik Osborne getting his hands on any more than necessary.
      The only joy is that my dear old mum stands more chance of becoming PM than him currently
      Vote Mrs Mark!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Attitudes like yours are the reason the welfare state is at such risk from ideological change by right wing parties in this country. If people didn't take the p*ss we wouldn't be having to cut the heart out of the social security net and NHS. When the viewpoint is that those in receipt of welfare don't deserve it due to their own stupidity can you really blame people for resenting funding it?
        What-everrrrrrrrrr

People who resent the poor should stfu and get back to gardening.

Comment

One other thing FLCs eyes would be a popping at some of the "sights" here
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Around 15 years contracting, have spent around 1.5 years travelling during that time .
            You would be a winner sir, have around 200K to play with and and a nice chunky contract, through a friend, hopefully, waiting for my return
            Therein lies the difference between you and the woman in the article. You're spending some of what you've earned on a fabulous experience which will create lasting memories. You also have enough cash in the bank to cover your a*se if anything goes wrong and a plan for the future.

She's just blown her entire life savings on a trip to Vegas and has no plan for the future.

That's the difference between prudent planning and wanton abandonment of responsibility.
            Have you tried switching it off and back on again??

Comment

That's the difference between prudent planning and wanton abandonment of responsibility.
              She's single and has no kids, what the hell are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                Well bully for them.
                You resent our wonderful boys in blue then....you may find your living costs reduced drastically in the future with with that attitude
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
                  She's single and has no kids, what the hell are you talking about?
                  She also has no savings and no pension. If she ends up out of work I guess you want me to pay for her rent, bills, food etc?

Comment

You resent our wonderful boys in blue then....you may find your living costs reduced drastically in the future with with that attitude
                    I resent everyone, hadn't you realised that by now?

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
                      What-everrrrrrrrrr

People who resent the poor should stfu and get back to gardening.
                      I don't resent the poor. I resent those who fail to contribute to society, such as yourself who seems to think that life should be about spending every penny earned, relying on other peoples good sense if their own life turns to sh*t and are incapable of coming up with anything more reasoned than "what-everrrrrrrrrr" and "stfu" when debating approaches and attitudes to life.

What is with the gardening thing? I've never gardened a day in my life. I'm a little young for that in my mid-thirties and anyway I have a gardener who does it for me.

Comment

Working...
                      X