• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why I'll be voting to stay in Europe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with sasguru but re point 5 and 6, that is only if the UK decides to stay in the wider EEA to which Switzerland , Norway, Iceland and some ministates belong

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      3. The cost of Britain's net contribution to the EU is about 1% of total expenditure - i.e. negligible. ...
      Several EU countries, including France and Italy, are in a debt trap, and will almost certainly crash and burn in the next year or two.

When that happens, our contribution if we are still in the EU will soar like nothing we've seen or could readily imagine in our worst nightmares.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Several EU countries, including France and Italy, are in a debt trap, and will almost certainly crash and burn in the next year or two.

When that happens, our contribution if we are still in the EU will soar like nothing we've seen or could readily imagine in our worst nightmares.
        Point is, every country in the world is in there own version of pig tulip, in any case, just some more than others.

This relativity is based on something totally man made, in any case, the "world economy"
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          1. Brexit's only REAL effect will lead to lack of influence on Europe and a loss of standing and prestige for Britain in the world - as the US and China have made clear.
          2. Brexit will lead to the break up of Britain as Scotland will want to join Europe.
          3. The cost of Britain's net contribution to the EU is about 1% of total expenditure - i.e. negligible.
          4. Britain's economy is not very strong being unbalanced towards financial services and weak in manufacturing. This imbalance will grow if we left the Euro and lost links to large Euro projects e.g. Airbus. It also makes no sense for Japanese and other foreign car firms to stay in the UK.
          5. It doesn't seem as if EU immigration will stop. Both Switzerland and Norway have larger per capita EU immigration than Britain and they are outside the EU.
          6. We'll still have to follow Euro rules in exchange for trade rights as Switzerland and Norway have had to do.
          1. HSBC have decided to stay despite the potential of a brexit.
          2. Splendid.
          3. 1% of £1billion is £10m. Do the multipliers and you're looking at a big number
          4. How has our manufacturing industry fared while we've been in the EU?
          5. Means we can close the tunnel though, which is a good start.
          6. The Swiss and Norwegians don't seem too concerned.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            They'll get free monty from ECB and euro will crash, yes, but how does that concern UK?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              They'll get free monty from ECB and euro will crash, yes, but how does that concern UK?
              who will they ask to pay for it?
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk View Post
                That is like saying all my lovers will stop doing me just because one pompous fat one left me.
                MF still loves you really he is just going through a difficult time believing in Unicorns. SAS & doohg will still take it if you buy them a cornet each.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  MF still loves you really he is just going through a difficult time believing in Unicorns. SAS & doohg will still take it if you buy them a cornet each.
                  Yes, its a time of confusion for everyone, prior to today I thought Unicorn tulip was rare
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    I think the best decision you ever made was to leave CUK
                    And look how many u-turns he has done ever since. Poor old sg, the dithering simpleton. Luckily nobody takes him too seriously, here or anywhere else.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      And look how many u-turns he has done ever since. Poor old sg, the dithering simpleton. Luckily nobody takes him too seriously, here or anywhere else.

SASxit
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X